four wheel camper attachment hardware

scoutbrewer

Advanced Member
I have an old scout model camper I made into a slide in camper. How is four wheel camper or atc attaching the campers to the bed? Any photos would be great. I imagine its some type of eye bolt with clevis. Thanks

SB, there are two basic ways, the first is what you described, eyebolts in bed and camper, with turnbuckles, the other is through boiled through the camper floor and truck bed. I believe FWC has eyebolt placement info somewhere in their website.

My bed has factory tiedowns has anyone tried these before? I need to make some brackets or acquire some to attach to the camper. there was never a floor in it and it bolted to the scout. Just testing the waters to see what I may find and pictures if available. Thanks

scoutbrewer said:
My bed has factory tiedowns has anyone tried these before? I need to make some brackets or acquire some to attach to the camper. there was never a floor in it and it bolted to the scout. Just testing the waters to see what I may find and pictures if available. Thanks
Hi Scout

Factory truck bed tie downs are located most often at the far sides of the beds and cannot anchor a camper correctly.

David Graves

Back
Top Bottom