Fox Hill Ovens

Overland Hadley

Contributors
So, we all have stoves in the camper, but what about an oven?

You are in camp, in the middle of nowhere of course. How about some freshly baked bread? A piece of hot cake? Steaming corn bread with the canned soup? Biscotti with your coffee? (You get the idea...)

I present to you, the Fox Hill Oven.

sportman_outside.jpg
outfitter_oven_display2.jpg

www.foxhill.net

This oven is amazing, works right on the camp stove. I have made the all aforementioned baked goods, no problem. Easy to use. And it is made by a nice guy in Wyoming.

(No affiliation with Fox Hill, just really like the oven.)

I wonder how it differs from the Coleman? Seems maybe some of the accessories set it apart. Nice to see a US made piece of gear as well.

Overland: Got any photos of what it looks like close-up/inside? I've never used the Coleman, but I've looked at one...so just wondering if this is similar design.

I've never really missed using an oven in my camper...but I was just thinking that fresh, warm, cookies would be great, especially in winter. :p

Overland: Got any photos of what it looks like close-up/inside? I've never used the Coleman, but I've looked at one...so just wondering if this is similar design.

I've never really missed using an oven in my camper...but I was just thinking that fresh, warm, cookies would be great, especially in winter. :p

I can grab some photos tomorrow.

Fresh cookies are always good. :LOL:

More than once we had wished we had an oven along - great solution. How long do you cook a cake or bread?

-Vic

Normal cooking time at normal temperature. Maybe it takes about five minutes longer than the recipe says.

You can bake a lot of stuff on the barbie, provided it isn't too temperature sensitive.

My old super big/heavy camper had an oven. I never used it.

Those look like handy lightweight camp ovens.
as for ovens at home or on the trail...My wife LOVES her dutch oven!
BUT you have to plan your rigs GVWR to handle all that cast iron ;)

BUT you have to plan your rigs GVWR to handle all that cast iron ;)

You almost aren't kidding about the weight. My Lodge dutch oven wore through the cordura bag i have for it in one multi-day off road trip. Then it started wearing through my floor. And that is just one oven. Looking forward to trying the Partner aluminum oven that is 1/3 of the weight and all the sizes nest together. May end up being way more practical.

Seems like a nice little unit.

Cari and i might have the same unit. We bought ours last seaon at Costco and it has worked well for us. Mostly used the cooktop, but did have a handful of goodies in the oven including pizza, brownies, beer-bread and such. We may try out the fox-hill idea next season in the outdoor kitchen along with our dutch oven.

Back
Top Bottom