freecamping APP

ottorogers

Many of us use the freecamping APP, it used to work perfectly, I loved it, but now when I try to use it on my IPHONE it says Google maps can not load, no idea why it worked perfectly in the past and does not work now. I uninstalled the APP and reinstalled the APP, nothing works, works perfectly on my PC (like it always did), anybody have issues with this (very useful) APP??

ottorogers said:
Many of us use freecampsites.net, it used to work perfectly, I loved it, but now when I try to use it on my IPHONE it says Google maps can not load, no idea why it worked perfectly in the past and does not work now. I uninstalled the APP and reinstalled the APP, nothing works, works perfectly on my PC (like it always did), anybody have issues with this (very useful) APP??
Just checked my Android and that app had a 2.7 rating which isn't very good. Allstays and Dyrt have never let us down.

ottorogers said:
Many of us use freecampsites.net, it used to work perfectly, I loved it, but now when I try to use it on my IPHONE it says Google maps can not load, no idea why it worked perfectly in the past and does not work now. I uninstalled the APP and reinstalled the APP, nothing works, works perfectly on my PC (like it always did), anybody have issues with this (very useful) APP??
Just checked on my iPad. It's working fine for me. I'm on iOS 11.4 and using Chrome for a browser to go to the web site.

I do notice, though, that the bottom of the map says the maps are OpenStreetMap ones, not Google ones so it doesn't make sense to me that you'd be getting a message about Google Maps at all.

OK, after looking around some more... I see there's an Android app called Free Campsites which appears to be developed by the same freecampsites.net folks as the web site. But on the iOS app store I don't see Free Campsites. But I do see Free Camping developed by Victor Wickstrom. And I see the review dated 10/17/18 says there's an error loading Google maps. That may be a coincidence but I thought I'd mention it as that could explain why there's a Google Maps message when it appears freecampsites.net doesn't use Google maps.

If it turns out there IS a freecampsites.net-developed app on the iOS App Store and I just missed it, well,....

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Just Kidding I really like the app and have used it. It looks like there are more and more camp sites as popularity of the app grows. Here are some intersting places I found on the app.

Near Ukiak CA. Steep road to top of mountain, stayed on friday, staging area for OHV, they all went home by 7 or 8 and had the place by myself.

Red Mountain CG

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_half.gif
rating_off.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
rating_on.gif

Address
Ukiah, California
GPS: 39.079235, -123.090302
Elevation: 3043'
Get Directions

Near Billings MT. A group of mountain bikers camped down the road seemed like a perminant summer camp.

• Acton Recreation Area

Get Directions

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_half.gif
rating_off.gif
rating_off.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
Address
5001 Southgate Drive Billings, MT 59101
Broadview, Montana
GPS: 46.044301, -108.663733
Elevation: 3944

Near Salina KA Ottawa Fishing Lake

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_half.gif
rating_off.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
Address
Lake Dr Minneapolis, KS 67467
Minneapolis, Kansas
GPS: 39.10891, -97.572942
Elevation: 1301'
Get Directions

Here is a place I added near Magdalena NM

• VLA

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
Address
Magdalena, New Mexico
GPS: 33.943141, -107.652711
Elevation: 7513'
Get Directions

I paid for the "allstays" app, after downloading it, and trying it, there are other apps for free that are exactly the same, I feel like I got ripped off. So many apps these days, it's confusing. Allstays does not show a lot of free spots in areas where other apps do show forest service and BLM, allstays does not show, I went through all the settings, so far none of my 3 apps work 100%, I wish one app worked excellent and I could dump the other ones but for me, I need to check all the apps to see what the other app missed, this is time consuming and frustrating, I am sure many of you have had the same issues, one app is better in one area and another app is better in another area

carld said:
Just Kidding I really like the app and have used it. It looks like there are more and more camp sites as popularity of the app grows. Here are some intersting places I found on the app.

Near Ukiak CA. Steep road to top of mountain, stayed on friday, staging area for OHV, they all went home by 7 or 8 and had the place by myself.

Red Mountain CG

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_half.gif
rating_off.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
rating_on.gif

Address
Ukiah, California
GPS: 39.079235, -123.090302
Elevation: 3043'
Get Directions

Near Billings MT. A group of mountain bikers camped down the road seemed like a perminant summer camp.

• Acton Recreation Area

Get Directions

rating_on.gif
rating_on.gif
rating_half.gif
rating_off.gif
rating_off.gif

Leave a Review

This is a FREE campsite.
Address
5001 Southgate Drive Billings, MT 59101
Broadview, Montana