Fridge fan question

Hi all, I have a stock 3 way fridge in our Raven. Just wondering from your experiences when I should be running the fan? All the time? When it's hot? Any guidance is appreciated!

Run it as much as possible in hot weather.

Most customers are turning the refrigerator vent fan on when the weather is 80 degrees F, or hotter.

Some customers run it all the time when they have the refrigerator running on the "propane mode".

It will really help with proper air flow and helps to get the hot air out of the refrigerator exterior cabinet.

This will help the refrigerator to cool down as much as it can / the best that it can.

When we had a 3-way with a vent fan I put ours on a Klixon type thermostat. If the temp near the upper vent was at or above 80°F it turned on the fan.

Thanks guys! I'm sure I was given this info when I took delivery but that was a pretty mind blowing day!

If you have the room, I've found that those little battery powered fans on the inside of the fridge (3-way in particular) do help too. Bit more even cooling. They'll run about 30-45 days on a couple D-Cells.

Link

Oilbrnr said:
If you have the room, I've found that those little battery powered fans on the inside of the fridge (3-way in particular) do help too. Bit more even cooling. They'll run about 30-45 days on a couple D-Cells.

Link
I use the same solution. Velcro-ed it in the vent area...

I also have a 3 way refrigerator on my Fleet, but the 4 Wheel install did not include a fan.
The exterior of my Fleet has two compartments related to the 3 way, one on top of the other.
The lower one has the controls for turning on the unit and adjusting the temperature. The upper compartment that can't be opened has a vented grill. If I were to install an exhaust fan, how should I proceed? Place the exhaust fan inside the camper's cooled food compartment, i.e. on an interior wall?... or place the fan inside the vent of the upper exterior compartment? if the latter, how to control the on and off for the fan?

Thanks for any insight.

Put the fan between the upper and lower vent openings. Mine sits on top of the top of three black pipes running horizontally I think that my fan came with a thermometer that turns it on at higher temps. I wired a switch on my fan it so that I can turn it off when the refer is not on to prevent it from running down my battery. The fan blows on the cooling fins on the back of the refer to help move the heat up and out of the cabinet. There is also some shielding plastic cardboard in between the two vents to focus the air flow on the cooling fins. My fan came in a round casing about three inches tall.
Gregg

I have the 3-way fridge in my Hawk and up here in Canada ours came with the fan pre-installed with a thermostat (or whatever) and it turns on and off automatically. I've heard it running a few times in hot temps, but fortunately don't really have to pay much attention to it.

Oilbrnr said:
Well, I meant on the inside of the fridge. But they could work outside too!
I actually use in both areas. LOL
On really hot days it's just enough circulation outside to keep things working well.
Inside I run it 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom