Froli Sleep System - An initial review

smlobx

Lost again
Hi everyone!
When we bought our Hallmark about a year ago one of the reasons we bought it then was to give us time to tweek the camper to our likings before going on some of our longer planned trips.
In our shorter trips my wife was not as comfortable as she had hoped with the mattress that we have.

In looking around I also saw where some people were having some mold issues under their beds due to lack of air circulation and I wanted to avoid that if at all possible since we live in a more humid part of the country (VA).

Enter the Froli Sleep System...
https://froli-systems.myshopify.com

This is a German made product and reminded me of a Lego set where there are a lot of pieces to put together but it's not difficult so let's get started!
Here I am starting the assembly...it comes with a hand tool that helps you snap the base pieces together.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 672
Here is what it looks like completely assembled for a queen bed.
If you notice the two rows of lighter blue pads. These are "softer" and it was suggested to place them under your shoulders.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,030
I'm having some trouble posting multiple pics to one post, sorry...
Anyway here's the gap that is formed by the system between the mattress pad and the surface below...

I layed down on it and it is definitely softer but with support and much closer to what our Tempurpedic feels like.
We are going camping/fishing next week for a week or so and I'll report back what it really feels like!

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 441
How does it work out at the hinge point for the under bed storage, and then also at the smaller storage bin at the nose?

I have had a Froli bed system for 3 or 4 years and I am very happy with the softer bed that it creates as well as the under bed air flow

I saw this setup in a Tiger. Looks nice and that owner gave it props. I wonder how / if it would work with an FWC Hawk? Is there enough space to lower top?

Thanks for posting. Which system did you get? I am looking at the Travel because it's lower profile and I have limited room in my Alaskan when the front panels are folded down

Bad Habit said:
How does it work out at the hinge point for the under bed storage, and then also at the smaller storage bin at the nose?
BH - there is no issue raising the cover to the main compartment. With the front compartment we will just have to pull the entire system back to gain access to it. The whole system is made from some sort of plastic and slides pretty easily with everything on top of it.

XJINTX said:
I saw this setup in a Tiger. Looks nice and that owner gave it props. I wonder how / if it would work with an FWC Hawk? Is there enough space to lower top?
Don't know about how it would work with a Hawk but I have about 3-4 inches of clearance with my Hallmark Everest so I can leave my Super bag up there.
Here's a picture with the top closed and secured showing the gap.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 183
Ripperj said:
Thanks for posting. Which system did you get? I am looking at the Travel because it's lower profile and I have limited room in my Alaskan when the front panels are folded down
I debated this as well but ended up getting the Star system which is slightly taller than the Travel System based on reccomendations from Hallmark. We hope to try it out in a few days when we go to Lake Moomaw for a few days of fishing and chillin'...

:( does not look like would fit in Hawk... Is there anyone on here that uses in a Hawk or maybe even a Granby?

Just an update...
We spent 4 days in the Jefferson NF last weekend and I'm in love with my Froli!
Waking up in the am I had no stiffness nor did my wife who is rehabbing a hip injury.
If you are interested in the best night's sleep you've ever had in your camper get a Froli!

I just installed the Froli traveler (the slightly shorter version) in my Fleet flatbed. It fits with no problems and we can likely still keep some bedding on with the lid down. We have not slept on it yet but, it does feel much more comfortable even for lounging. Our issue with just the 3" mattress was bottoming out at the hips - I think this should solve that nicely.

Rando I'd be interested in your opinion after you've spent a few nights on your Froli.
I really think this could be a game changer for many of us...

Has anyone considered using the system under the dinette cushions. The few times I sat in a FWC I thought the cushions were very uncomfortable.... Just a thought :)

Happyjax, We have the side dinette and I do sleep in it sometimes. My wife likes to read at night and sometimes just easier for me to sleep down there. I actually carry a thermarest self inflating mattress in the truck. I just put it under me and it makes that a lot easier to sleep on and fits fine.

I think I'll get a froli system form the op bed... hope top can still close.

Whether the Froli system will work for you or not also depends on whether you use the pull out section on the bed. If you do use the pull out board, I am not sure it would work.

rando said:
Whether the Froli system will work for you or not also depends on whether you use the pull out section on the bed. If you do use the pull out board, I am not sure it would work.
We don't use the pullout... don't even carry those cushions.

Back
Top Bottom