Froli Sleep System - An initial review

How does the froli system work when you lift your bed up for the under the bed storage area?
Does it all stay together?

Yup. The grid that the 'springs' mount to is securely fastened together. It is also plenty flexible to bend at the hinge for the storage compartment.

OK, so I'm ready to pull the trigger on either the Froli "Travel" (1 3/8" thick) or the Froli "Star" (1 3/4" thick). On our 2015 FB Hawk we have a little over 3" of space between the ceiling and our standard mattress that does have a 1" WalMart "eggshell" topper inserted into the fabric envelope.

Erika up at Froli suggested the lower height "Travel" and said it is plenty comfortable. (I'd also like to be able to leave our (light) bedding up with the top down.

Does anyone have any Froli "Travel" vs. "Star" observations?

thanks,
Steve

Steve-
Don't have a direct comparison for you but I would think that if you get one of the Froli systems you could probably eliminate the Walmart topper and you should still be able to leave your bedding up there.
That was an important consideration for us as well.

Thanks, Eddie. So does anyone have the Froli Travel? Does it keep your hips from bottoming out? I'd prefer keeping the extra 3/8" for the sleeping bag but REALLY want Sioux's hips to be comfortable!

I have the Froli travel, but only one night on it so far so no real conclusions yet. It was noticeably more comfortable than previously, but the hip issue really only became evident after several nights in a row. However I can tell you that we definitely don't bottom out with the travel. You can look under the mattress with a flashlight while someone is lying on it as see how much it compresses, and even under the hips there is still 10mm or so of clearance. There is a 30 day return period if you want to try it out.

I have the travel and (2) Thermarest RidgeRest foam pads and sleep on it every night. 165 pounds. Does not bottom out but does develop a bit of body shape depression memory. This can be dealt with by moving the snap together components around, which I have not bothered to do. Eventually will sell the travel and purchase the tallest version available.

I now have 5 nights on the Froli Travel. It is definitely a huge improvement over just the mattress, which was noticeable the instant you lie down on it. We definitely do not bottom out, but that being said, my sore hip issue is improved but not completely gone. On my last trip night time temperatures ranged from the 30's to the 60's and I noticed that I still have slightly sore hips, but only when it was colder at night. I am now wondering if bottoming out was not our issue and that really the issue is the mattress being overly firm when it is colder out (all our previous use has been in cool/cold conditions).

Back
Top Bottom