FWC/ATC/ Fiamma Awning, Which One?

Rob in MT

Any recommendations for which one to go with? They all seem to be the same size. Can't find which brand FWC and ATC use, anyone know? FWC price is $695 installed, ATC is $550 installed, the Fiamma F45 is $712, not shipped or installed.

Seeing the Fiamma video it looks pretty nice, but not knowing what FWC and ATC offer, not sure it's worth it.

Thanks.

Then again just saw this on the Fiamma website. Maybe they are just covering their butt and maybe this is the case with all awnings.

Q - Can I use my awning to protect me from the rain?

A - Our awnings are designed to shelter you from the sun and not the rain. Therefore we highly recommend closing the awning in case of rain, snow or winds. In case of light to moderate rains, install the center rafter, lower one leg and raise the other to allow for water runoff. If it is raining hard enough for water to pool on the fabric, roll it in! Water pooling can stretch the fabric causing the awning not to close properly. Stretched or damaged fabric due to water pooling or any type of storm damage is not covered under warranty.

Four Wheel Campers is using the Fiamma F45 Ti.

It is a nice awning and works preety well for what it needs to do.

Simple, crank out style awning.

The older Dometic Catalina awnings were good too, once they were "out".

They just never seemed to close up properly (one end cap or another would always have a gap in it).

Getting the awning it and out took a little practice, but once you got the hang of it they were OK.

I think the shop guys had to add some aftermarket velcro straps around the body of it for some reason ?

I think they were worried about the awning legs potentially coming out while traveling ?

But if it was closed up properly, I can't see that happening.

I had the older Dometic Catalina awning on my 1992 Grandby it we liked it.

The new Fiamma awnings are nicer, but a little more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Awning Fiamma F45 ti.JPG
    Awning Fiamma F45 ti.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 210
we have hid under our fiamma in the rain. we were really glad to have it.
used it in the sun too but during a cloudburst we were REALLY glad.

very convenient.

[Possible thread hijack]
S100_MBLUE.jpg

We got a Quick Shade canopy. It goes anywhere, not just on the side of the camper. It's 10' x 10'. And replacement parts are easily obtainable and pretty reasonable. (We got caught in a microburst and needed to replace a bent leg.)

Or save yourself a lot of money and see my "another awning" post.

Back
Top Bottom