FWC Broncos, Blazers and Scouts

Qcamper

Does anyone else out there have a FWC on their old Bronco Blazer or Scout? I have one on my Bronco and just wanted to see who else had one and what things they have done with it. I feel like the access through my cab to my camper is one of the best parts of the setup. I have had this rig for the last 15 years and it has gone about everywhere with me. Blew the motor a little while back and now my son has taken an interest. We rebuilt the motor last year and its time to start giving the camper some care now. This is becoming a great father son project. New lift panels are the main thing we need to do. Would love to see other peoples Bronco, Blazer or Scout FWC rigs. QsBronco.jpg

Attachments

• Cammotor.jpg
    Cammotor.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 203
There is an old build thread on Expi Portal of one on a Scout II (converted K5 camper as I recall), but the OP seems to have sold it & not much more is known.

Thanks norcalhusky, I know of a few around here other than mine, but there have to be more out there.

I've got a "Blazer" model FWC on my 1972 Chevy Blazer.

Attachments

• IMG_1018_2.jpg
    IMG_1018_2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 124
Love it! I wondered if the Stickers were named the same as the trucks they went with. As far as I know it was Blazer Bronco and Scout. Not sure if there was anything else. Do you have a lift on your blazer? I would like to put about 4 inches under mine, but worry that it will feel too top heavy. Also like the foot step in the rocker and curious about the spare tire carrier. Where and how does it attach to the camper.

Q

I have a 2" lift on the Blazer. But I also run a Dana 60 up front and 14 bolt full floater out back with larger diameter axle tubes than the stock 1/2 ton axles, so I get a bit more lift from the bigger axle diameters. I also run load assist air bag set-up in the rear to keep the rear from sagging, and to minimize body roll. The camper itself is only marginally heavier than the full fiberglass hardtop and tailgate that I remove to install the camper, so the net increase in payload is not more than two passengers worth. The foot steps are early aftermarket items that help me access the roof of the camper, and more so the roof rack on my hardtop. Lastly, since I remove the tailgate to install the camper, there was no good place to mount the swing away tire rack. The two hinges mount on the Blazer quarter panel, but the third mounting point was on the tailgate. The camper is not near strong enough to have the weight and force of the spare tire rack on it. Especially since the mount would have to be on the camper door. Therefore, I fabricated a custom "stanchion" that mounts into a vertically mounted receiver hitch under my rear bumper. The receiver hitch is welded to my frame, and allows the stanchion to be removed when I put the tailgate back on. The following pictures probably describe it best.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg