FWC Eagle in a Full Size Pickup

CamperDave

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone shed light onto whether it is possible to put a FWC Eagle into a full size pickup (F150, 2nd Gen Tundra, Silverado, etc)? I know that the camper would likely need a few inches of lift underneath to fit over the bed rails, but otherwise I can't see why it would not work... as long as the camper is over the rails of the bed and the top of the truck roof I think I would be okay...but I am just not sure because I am new at this.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this? Have you seen it done with other models/truck combos?

I really appreciate any help or ideas!

~Dave

I'm going to speculate that a full size truck box is too wide to fit under an Eagle when it's up on the jacks. This is the case with Palimino's mid size campers they aren't wide enough when up on jacks to back a full size truck under. I certainly could be incorrect about the FWC.

The jacks shouldn't be a problem. There are extension plates for the brackets to allow wider vehicles to fit under the camper. The brackets are wide enough for my 80" trailer to fit under the camper.

I just got my Eagle this week. It's going in a mini truck but I figured that if I really wanted to tow my bass boat at the same time I would get a full sized and keep the small camper.

Possibly but you will need some big extension plates and likely a raised platform. My 06 f150 was 80" fender to fender. 11" wider than the eagle body.

Dave - a welding shop can make plates up for you.

I would check with FWC before you do that to make sure putting the jacks out that far doesn't put to much stress on the corners. causing the camper to "sag in the middle".

At last years SoCal rally an owner had a Hawk or an old Grandby on a custom made bed. He had Jack plates that were 8 " wide and camper was sagging in the middle. :(

You may have to place a metal bar or large flat plate on the front to prevent sag.

Back
Top Bottom