FWC gas strut recall

RicoV said:
We use Supra 30-lb struts mounted internally (no roof loading other than the fantastic fan) and that config works quite well for us, but only because we're 'down' sleepers, i.e., using the lower (sofa) tier for sleeping and the upper (bed) tier for clothing and other storage needs. In this application the struts don't really get in the way of much and are much appreciated for the roof-raising assistance they give.
Rico.

Awesome Rico! Thank you for the feed back. Could you post some photos of mounting points and some measurements? I just ordered up 4 80 lb struts and heavy duty mounts. Planning to install it all on Saturday!

While you won't get the total upward force of all 4 struts vertically, It could require significant downward force on your part to lower your roof with upwards of 320 pounds pushing up.

I have two 30 lb rear struts and two 20 lb front struts with two solar panels. I do carry a crank up speaker stand but use it only if my deltoid injury is paining me.

I have considered going to two 40lb and two 30 lb struts. 80 lbers seems to be an awful lot of force.

Paul

FWC only used two struts, located just forward of where the cabover area started.

Edit: Best shot I could find of my Grandby struts

485146E3-9F8D-4EBC-A9C9-2ECF341F6F9B.jpeg

Yeah kinderliving, the 80s sound to me like overkill... mine are 30s. For the front set I simply mounted to L-posts and a 1x4 wood roof panel piece, sorry no pics available, as I did the work many years ago.
Rico.

Back
Top Bottom