FWC Hawk Question

I have a Hawk on my 2003 Tundra- here is what I am using

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/15851-f250-cab-clearance-with-hawk/?p=188866

Nice seeing some other riders on the forum. :D

KM ride.jpg

Kennedy Meadows. That brings back some memories. Trail bikes, 4x4s, popup campers....

I called UltimateMXHauler today.

He told me that this week someone had stopped at his shop with a Chevy Colorado and a pop up camper. with the bike jacked up the door will not open, with it dropped to the ground the bottom of the door will clear a bike.

I asked about the ramp model, there are 2 adjustments, one is for an 18" hitch height the other is for a 20" hitch height, this drops the ramp to the ground so you just roll your bike on and strap it on and then jack it up.

For the original lowered the platform is 3" below the receiver, raised it is 16" above.

For both models the bottom of the tires end up about even with the bumper.

The original is rated for 375lbs ( and tested much higher), the Ramp model is rated for 450lbs, He is going by motorcycle dry weights!

I am seriously considering the ramp model now, it means I could haul my DR350 or my BMW F800GS.

He seemed like a really good guy and said if I have any more questions to call, He is headed to the IMS show in Dallas right now.

Back
Top Bottom