Fwc K5 Blazer

very nice, I don't think mine has an aluminum frame or I would do the same. Guessing you removed a lot of weight?

Desert Geo was going with 37's...so i wanted to tell him what kind of mileage i get.
Right now she is stock except a military cold weather cover over the hard top.
Pretty sure at 65 with a FWC the mileage will be fairly close.

BAD DOG!

FYI, vortec heads wake a TBI motor up. They flow a bit better than the old double hump heads. The pistons in the tbi's bring the compression up, but you can find thick head gaskets for the install. The factory makes an intake for the conversion also.
Nice rig. I have been following your resto. I bought one last November. I don't have your ambition, I am just doing what is necessary to mine. I do a lot of highway, so it is staying mostly stock.

If the lord doesn't strike me down before now and 11am tomorrow...i will have secured my own K5 Fwc localy.
Since my 79 is the same color...lol...so shall be the camper to match....
Took a few shots of yours when it was in the shop in GJ. He took pix of the shock mounts while i was there.

Where did you have the pair rhinolined in tan? And of course...how much?

Uncorked the rear revoler shackles today exploring my back yard...wild horse loop in debeque...big ride diff
in the bumpy snot!

Now...please call me and give me some pointers to remove camper to install on my k5...only have exp with chalets...

DW

101_603150.jpg

101_602950.jpg

Found her 10 minutes after she was posted on craigslist...talk about luck and or fate...
Drove down today and put 3 bills down on her....i am so happy its funny...lol.

Anyone want to buy a chalet? Lol.

DW

Its mounted....front doesn't seal well at all. But i only had a day to do the swap before i had to go to work.

Attachments

• 100_6036 50%.JPG
    100_6036 50%.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 253

Back
Top Bottom