FWC - Project M

Hmm.. I don't get this idea much, especially for 9k.. Its a place to sleep.. but.. nothing else for 9k.. isn't a topper with a rooftop tent about 1/5 of the price?

Truck beds are designed not to hold water, therefore they would never be air (dust) tight.

craig333 said:
PIcs of a barn door configuration? I'm not sure why so many want that.
They are awesome! IMG_3394.JPG

Windy,

That Riptide was really cool for it's intended purpose:) I think Rory builds some great stuff:)

Couldn’t agree more. Like a lot of things, our needs (read desires) quickly changed and we decided we needed something with a bit more room for 2 people. Still haven’t decided 100 percent what that is. I have talked to Rory several times for another build but he is so busy now that he doesn’t have as much time to “design” as he once did and the lead times are only getting farther and farther out.

I really miss that rig now that it is gone. Maybe we should have been so hasty!!!

Yes they do. Most all are wired for electric jacks as standard then you have the choice to opt for them if you want them. Personally, I like the manual jacks that operate with a drill.

I’m considering the purchase of a Project M. It would be installed on a 2019 or 2020 Ford Ranger. If anyone has purchased a Project M, I would like to hear your opinion re: options, interior layout, dust intrusion through hatch, is it necessary to relocate antenna on the roof of the Ranger, any other info you found when doing your research. Post quarantine, if anyone in the Northeast has an installed Project M, I would like to check it out. Thanks.

Jtree said:
I’m considering the purchase of a Project M. It would be installed on a 2019 or 2020 Ford Ranger. If anyone has purchased a Project M, I would like to hear your opinion re: options, interior layout, dust intrusion through hatch, is it necessary to relocate antenna on the roof of the Ranger, any other info you found when doing your research. Post quarantine, if anyone in the Northeast has an installed Project M, I would like to check it out. Thanks.
I have a 2019 Ranger with an ARE cap, and it is perhaps the dustiest P/U I’ve ever had. There is significant gap at the tailgate (sides and bottom), and the front of the bed is at least an inch lower than the side rails. If you get that combination,, please do post your experience.

Reminds me of my old Flip-Pac with a much sturdier and warmer top. It will work well with those that love shells and the lower price is a definite good thing.

Dust
Shove foam on the sides of the tail gate will definitely keep the dust down And put everything in storage boxes with tight lids. Sleeping items in the truck cab or large garbage bags . Worked for us for 8 years

Back
Top Bottom