FWC Rear Window Replacment

nocean

Hello,

So last night a freak windstorm out in the Alabama Hills area threw a rock up into the rear window in my Hawk. Shattered it completely. No damage otherwise which I find amazing but wondering about how to replace the rear window. Do I have to replace the whole frame or can I just replace the glass?

Thanks

Nick

I think that you can just replace the glass. I have had just the glass out when I took it apart to reseal the rear window.
Must have been some kind of windstorm!
Gregg

I too have taken mine out to reseal it. Really pretty easy. As noted, just take all the screws out and be carefull as the glass (on mine) kind of sit on these little tabs on the frame and when you pull the frame out, the tabs that hold the glass in place are now gone and the glass can fall out. Oh, btw, I have an older Eagle but I suspect they frame/glass hasn't changed that much.

So I took the rest glass out before from unscrewing the ext screws but took out the whole item. I'm happy to replace it with a poly window, probably safer actually from break in and stuff. I just didn't know if I could get to the glass itself.

And I couldn't find your exact thread for the replacement. Looked like a ling set of posts. But I'll check it out.

And it was some crazy wind. Got the top down, was afraid of real damage then the massive gust hit. News said gusts of 100mph which felt about right. Crazy.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom