FWC Shore Power Inlet Manufacture?

coloradoclimber97

Advanced Member
Want to start by saying thank you to all of you who provide content on this site. I have stood on the shoulders of many of you and gleamed so much valuable info that I now know exactly how I want to outfit my camper. Thanks for all your experiences and taking the time to post them.

With that said, does anyone know what brand 30amp shore power plug FWC uses? I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the manufacture. I am taking delivery of my fleet shell with the silver spur exterior next month and would like to add the silver spur shore power plug.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I don't own a FWC (I have a Hallmark) but I don't think FWC uses a 30 amp shore power connection. My Hallmark just takes a 20 amp (regular) plug.
Someone will be along shortly to set you straight.

Mine is a 30 amp connection. Unfortunately I didn't see a brand name on it. Or are you referring to the little compartment it goes in? Any RV place should have one of those available. But you want a silver spur compatible one. I'm betting a call to fwc might be in order here.

craig333 said:
Or are you referring to the little compartment it goes in?
Both, I am looking for the plug itself and the little compartment it goes in. I swear I saw a recent pic of a silver spur where all the access panels and plug covers were the same color as the aluminum skin.

PaulT said:
On my 2014 Hawk, it is Furrion
Perfect. The plug I was looking for. Thank you both for your replies, it looks like I need to call FWC to see if the Furrion plug cover is made in aluminum or with an aluminum color.

Mark

Mark, just a thought to consider since you’re building out a shell.
My goal when I built my grandby shell was no holes in the sides.
When it came to shore power, I opted for a zantrex charger/inverter.
Decided to forgo the plug-in conection and ran the cord through a bulkhead fitting.
Saved a couple hundred dollars and reduced failure points.
My cord lives in the space between the front of the camper and the truck bed.
I don’t really have “shore power”. Run everything from batteries and keep the batteries charged with solar or the charger.
Seems to work out so far.

Lobster said:
When it came to shore power, I opted for a zantrex charger/inverter.
Decided to forgo the plug-in conection and ran the cord through a bulkhead fitting.
Good idea. I am interested to understand how you ran the cord through the bulkhead. Like you, the purpose of my shore power is to maintain my batteries until I figure out my solar (and can fund said project), and be able to secure the camper while charging. Don't want to create a bunch of work for you, but would love to see a pic of the cord through the bulkhead.

Back
Top Bottom