FWC title?

After todays dealing with a licensing department and the Washington State Patrol I would not have registered and titled the FWC

Aussiedor,
Can you elaborate on your comments?

I moved to WA a few years ago and had to deal with the WSP and licensing office for my first camper, an older Hallmark I bought in Montana without a title & plate. It was a real hassle.

I now have a Hawk I bought in Oregon, again without a title & plate. I haven't registered it an don't plan to. I've had it out on the road many times and have never been stopped by the police. We'll see. I guess I'll play the old man card if I ever need to.

I don't know about Oregon, but California cops have plenty of work to do catching real criminals. You'd have to piss one off real bad to get a ticket for something minor. My non Carb approved gas cans on the Jeep have never even gotten a glance.

Yup, the DOL I went to in WS didn't know how to deal with licensing and titling the camper. Plus Washington state DOL just switched to a new system which didn't help things out. They entered my information into their system and came up with large plates for the camper. This took them about 20 to 30 min to get my information into their system. By-the-way, this is all a first world problem. I told them the plates were too big and would like small plates. This put things into a tail spin for them. They said it was possible, but after another 30 min of taking my information out of their system and re-entering my information and coming up with the same size plate I said just for get it. The DOL told me that WSP controls the size of plates. That is not true according WSP. I think Trump controls the size of the plates. Anyhoo, I asked the DOL how to display the plates. They had no idea. So I made a call to the Tacoma WSP office and was told by an officer that I'd have to call someone who specialized in "license plate display". Yet another call was made. This time I spoke with a specalist that had no idea cargo campers or slide in campers or what ever you want to call them had to be licensed. I had to agree to a return call from this person. What came back is that the license has to be displayed on the back of the camper and under a LIGHT so an officer can see it. Last I emailed FWC asking them if they had any ideas since they had neglected to incorporate a place for plates on their campers. I was told by them that WA and OR are the only states that require license plates and they had no intention of creating a place for plates on their campers. WA and OR are not the only states that require these things to be licensed by-the-way. Anyway, FWC did send me a pic of where someone had placed the plate onto the camper. I'm just going to place it on the back of the camper without a light. I figure if an officer pulls me over and gives me a ticket for not having a camper plate lit when he can see the plates on my truck he's got some big problems. At the end of the day I gave WA what they really wanted and that was the "TAX". Like I said before, "First World Problem".

Previous owner of my 06 grandby who is a WA resident gave me its title and license plate. He had never attached the plate. He had never been asked the plate for 10 years.

I agree. It's just a revenue stream for the state.
A co-worker has an older Hawk he got from his father, and it's never been licensed in WA.
As Craig333 mentioned, law enforcement has other more important matters to attend to.

Back
Top Bottom