FWC vs ATC Hardside Height-Roof Gap

trailrider

Advanced Member
I have been researching FWC and ATC campers heavily. It seems ATC have lower hard sides and hence cannot fit a 3.0 cu ft 3 way refrigerator in like FWC due to height restrictions. 26" may be the maximum refrig height that they can accept. The units they are currently using are ~21" high. I was told ATC units are shorter for a lower profile and that they are custom made for each truck application which minimizes roof gap. Possibly ATC could make a custom unit taller to fit a 3.0 cu ft 3 way refrig in. In looking at pictures of the two brands on the same truck it appears ATC may have less roof gap.

I was also told that for a given FWC model they are all the same height.
Can anyone verify the above information?

Thanks,

Mike

I would contact ATC and FWC for answers for these questions. I know that ATC does do custom builds (Dirty Dog's ex camper as an example) but how much leeway you have on the fridge or other fittings I do not know. Best to talk to the guys that make them.

I talked to ATC and FWC. I found out ATC alters the hard side height on a given model based on the truck application in order to have a lower profile and keep the cab over close to the roof. They indeed do have a lower hard side height and this limits the maximum refrigerator size. The can squeeze in a CR-85 max. It is 24.6 inches tall.

FWC keeps the same the same hard side height but alters the floor height for various truck applications. They can fit a 3.0 cu ft 3-way fridge in which is about 29" tall.

Mike

Next question is "How important is the size of the fridge vs cost differences?". Only you can answer this one.

Back
Top Bottom