FWC Warranty work

keith

Contributors
Just returned from the factory after they completed a few repairs.

We lived in our Hawk for almost 2 months traveling Alaska this past summer (and a few weeks and weekends here and there) As with anything new (with several custom options) a few minor issues and a fridge problem needed attention.

Chicali and his crew went above and beyond... The all electric Waeco fridge started acting up in in Alaska. Waeco wanted to repair it. FWC felt bad about it not working midway through the trip and asked for replacement. It was completly replaced. The "new" skylite roof vent had a placement interferance with the arm used to lift the front. They replaced the entire roof. They were even willing to relocate the skylite to the rear vent location and put the fantastic fan vent up front. I highly recomend the new vent. They also replaced the cabinet face because they "didn't like something". I didn't even ask for it. There were a couple of other minor little things that didn't really matter, but they were happy to fix.

The short story here is... FWC is a stand up, professional company. Willing and happy to stand behind their work and product. We are lucky to have such a great team working to make comfort possibe 50 miles off the pavement.

Very good to hear. I've never had to have any warranty work on mine. Only issues that cropped up I was able to fix with a screwdriver. Functionality issues it seems they've dealt with on the new models. Wish I could have made it to Sacramento show to see.

Not just comfort possibe 50 miles off the pavement. You spent 2 months in Alaska and didn't drive to Deadhorse on the haul road? Technically not all dirt but I wouldn't argue that it is 500 miles off the pavement! A fantastic drive and it will test all screws and bolts on your rig. Did you ever run into gnats? The netting in the camper won't keep them out and having some tight weave mosquito netting handy to cover the windows is a requirement.

We didn't make it to deadhorse. Gotta leave something to come back for! Yes, we found the Gnats, and we didn't have any tight netting. We were up there in June and July, so we didn't have to use the lights in the camper much. When the lights were on though those pesty little things would just fly through the window mesh. I'll remember to bring tight netting next time. Thanks 5 speed.

Griz, are you taking a trip down to Yankee land this summer? You'll see the changes then. We won't be making it up this year. The wife started a new job the day after we returned last July. It will be a while before she will get more than a week at a time.

Back
Top Bottom