Geezer card increase

Bseek said:
Some of us are very disappointed we aren't old enough yet. That is the first time THAT has happened. Well, maybe waiting for 21 was hard, too.
Don't feel bad. I've waited (AND WORKED) almost 64 years to FINALLY qualify for Medicare and now there are rumblings it will be going away/ heavily modified. (The missus and I are paying over $1700.00 a month for a lousy policy and we're in great health!)

I have been waiting for the geezer card to increase.
Another way to "suck" more money from the little people.
Oops,"cowboy code" should have kicked in here.
Buying a back up .not a bad idea.
Do I get another in my name or the wife's?
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I have been waiting for the geezer card to increase.
Another way to "suck" more money from the little people.
Oops,"cowboy code" should have kicked in here.
Buying a back up .not a bad idea.
Do I get another in my name of the wife's?
Frank
Maybe a Dup for both of you...

Boy-they are not even in yet and it is starting! I got mine from a corps of engineers cg years ago and -just in case i lost the dang thing-wrote the number down in my check books- so it is there when i payed my fee. As a side, I have never had to show it at all-wonder if that is going to change too!

Smoke

So, I wonder if a duplicate somehow voids your original? I just got mine (Happy Geezerhood Pat!) down in Joshua Tree, the ranger scanned my drivers license before issuing the pass. P1050889c.JPG

Smokecreek1 said:
Boy-they are not even in yet and it is starting! I got mine from a corps of engineers cg years ago and -just in case i lost the dang thing-wrote the number down in my check books- so it is there when i payed my fee. As a side, I have never had to show it at all-wonder if that is going to change too!

Smoke
I have always had to show it to enter a park,but never at a campground that uses an "iron ranger".
Frank

I have always kind of felt like $10 lifetime was too cheap, anyway. $80 is still a pretty cheap one time expense. My current one is almost worn smooth, though, so I'll probably need a new one when this one becomes illegible.

Stalking Light said:
I have always kind of felt like $10 lifetime was too cheap, anyway. $80 is still a pretty cheap one time expense. My current one is almost worn smooth, though, so I'll probably need a new one when this one becomes illegible.
Hey everyone, Charlie just volunteered to buy us all a geezer card... :p

I've saved at least 7 years worth of annual pass fee. It's amazing how many folks don't even know the senior card exists; when I was a park volunteer I sold quite a few after figuring out how to discreetly find out how old people were. I finally settled on 'boy, I bet you can't wait until you're old enough to get the $10 lifetime pass'. :giggle:

Are there any other lifetime passes we should be aware of when turning 62? It's happening to me pretty soon. Thanks for all of the great information, Bigfoot Dave

In New Mexico, you get a reduced rate on a fishing license at age 65, and it is free at age 70. The state parks annual senior pass for camping is $100, ( the regular price is $180). Makes the interagency pass look like even more of a deal.

Stalking Light said:
At 65 a lot of states will allow their residents to fish and hunt for free.

Back
Top Bottom