Ghost In My Roof Vent

Usually no need to replace to goop on the roof, if you are adding the same brand of fan. I took out the vent in mine and replaced it with a fantastic fan by just dropping the fan guts into the hole and wiring it up.

Vic Harder said:
Usually no need to replace to goop on the roof, if you are adding the same brand of fan. I took out the vent in mine and replaced it with a fantastic fan by just dropping the fan guts into the hole and wiring it up.
Interesting!!!!!!!! That would be a best case scenario. A question for FWC to see if the vent and Maxx Air fan are interchangeable.

Has happened on my Bundutec Sable. I tighten as much as I can, sometimes it stays sometimes it doesn't....Need bungee but have to remove screen to get to it....

You could google the installation manuals for each. They should list the opening dimensions. I suspect they are identical.

I recently replaced my fantastic fan with a maxx air and getting the goop off was quite easy. I'd been dreading doing it but the project was quite easy. Worst part was the laying on the roof and try to make sure I didn't dent the roof.

craig333 said:
I recently replaced my fantastic fan with a maxx air and getting the goop off was quite easy. I'd been dreading doing it but the project was quite easy. Worst part was the laying on the roof and try to make sure I didn't dent the roof.
Good to know, thanks!

I just received prompt word from FWC. They will take out the defective vent and replace it with a Maxx-Air fan under warranty. My props go out to FWC for standing behind their product and components.

Cpt Davenport said:
I just received prompt word from FWC. They will take out the defective vent and replace it with a Maxx-Air fan under warranty. My props go out to FWC for standing behind their product and components.
FWC and ATC have always stood behind their products.
Frank

Hey, quick question for those who are running the Maxx-Air fans.

Is there a way to open the fan just a few inches, or is it all or nothing????

Like Craig333, we swapped the fantastic for a Max. We kept the interior edge frame from the Fantastic to make the job even simpler. We then upgraded the Max to the Max with remote. The remote model is all open or closed with the remote, but for both you can manually adjust the opening. With the Max, you can also run the fan with the vent closed to provide circulation over the bed. You can also set the Max remote to close at a specified temperature - just remember to point the remote at the fan to make sure the commands are accepted.

Went out to Woodland yesterday and FWC did a factory warranty install of a second Maxxair fan to replace the faulty standard vent. Looks and works great. Thanks Brenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do notice that the black push bar hits the manual knob on the new unit when the top is down. I think I will just remove the knob as the fan works with a remote. I will velcro the knob to the top of the push bar to use in the event that the electronics fail. Having the knob accessible will also be good for "cracking" the vent as electronically the vent can only open all or nothing.

They gave me a second remote with the new fan, but I found that only one remote is needed. It operates only the fan that you point it at. Pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom