GO GIANTS & Go Cubs!

ski3pin said:
..................................................................... the Lady's father is 91 years old and a life long Chicago Cubs fan with never a World Series win. The Lady remembers, as a little girl, going to games at Wrigley Field and hanging out in the bleachers.
Every time she smells a cigar she says, "That smell takes me back to Wrigley's; the men with their cigars in the bleachers when I was a little girl."

She could not sit still last night.

With the win she said, "Let's keep Dad's old Cubs jacket after he's done wearing it."

ImageUploadedByWander The West1478184765.757092.jpg

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

The W flag started flying after the last out. Might just fly it all winter until opening day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
The W flag started flying after the last out. Might just fly it all winter until opening day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
Flying it all winter seems like an appropriate thing to do!

This series was one of the best.So glad the Cubs won,but the Indians played a great 7 games also.
As a kid in Philadelphia I had 2 teams to cheer for A's and Phillies.
My dad took me to some of the 1950 Wiz Kids (Phillies) games and even got me a ball signed by the team.
Of course only 7 years old I used the ball to play with.Good by ball.

My dad was a great ball fan and worked with the local American Legion teams,boys in middle teens.
Baseball great past time .
Only 4 months till spring training.
Waiting for opening day.
Great job Cubs. All the curses are gone now.
Frank

We were out in the Mojave, having a very suitable dinner of hot dogs & beer while trying to listen to game 7. The radio faded in and out - switching between KNBR (SF) and KNX (LA), all the time fending off the kangaroo rats. As they were putting the tarp on the field, I ceded my four square feet to he rats and went to bed, figuring the rain could go on for hours. Pretty cool to see the photo of a pile of cubs celebrating on the next morning, happy for cubbie fans everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom