Going to a Class B

Wow Ted, that is one sweet looking rig! Congrats on your purchase. It will give the both of you lots of happy camping! I bet, when you offer your Tundra and Hawk for sale, it will go as fast as Bill's did. I have to scroll back and take a look at that photo again. Wow! :)

Ted that is a fine looking rig. Can't wait for the first trip report.
Maybe we can run into each other looking a the Fall Foliage of the eastern Sierra.

Ted said:
gallery_176_163_75896.jpg
Interesting that long time members and FWC owners are moving on Is it an aging thing? Not sure, but like Bill and K60N, we are also moving on. Going the same route as Iowahikers and getting a Provan Bengal Tiger. Should still be able to get everywhere we go now with our camper but will now have a pass through, bathroom, no more lifting the top, and no more soft sides. We did have them leave off the AC, generator, TV, microwave, and stereo, but add lots of solar and lithium batteries. We still plan to boondock a lot.
Are you buying a new one?

Congrats Ted. If I were ever to switch from a FWC it would be to a Tiger. Hope it serves you well.

Congrats to you as well Bill.

Ted said:
gallery_176_163_75896.jpg
Interesting that long time members and FWC owners are moving on Is it an aging thing? Not sure, but like Bill and K60N, we are also moving on. Going the same route as Iowahikers and getting a Provan Bengal Tiger. Should still be able to get everywhere we go now with our camper but will now have a pass through, bathroom, no more lifting the top, and no more soft sides. We did have them leave off the AC, generator, TV, microwave, and stereo, but add lots of solar and lithium batteries. We still plan to boondock a lot.
Please share your 'build out' limited as it may be when delivered. Is Tiger offering any insulation options for cold weather camping now that the malayan is no longer offered?

I don't know if you had asked, but was tiger willing to do a composting toilet / black tank delete (seems so if they can do a cassette)? Will they do a Truma or only spec suburban/atwood furnaces / hot water heater?

Great looking rig Ted.
I like the layout with the bed up front like the camper
IMO makes for a much usable more interior and the bed is always made up.

Have a great time with the new rig. When do you get it?
Frank

Thanks for the nice comments. Bill, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. And yes, we shall see each other on the road.

The picture is from Tiger's website but ours will be similar, just white.

Spitfire, yes it is being built new. We bought an F350 and shipped it to them. The bed is gone, frame modified, and coach under construction. (If anyone is looking for a long bed truck bed or tailgate, they have a pile of brand new ones behind their shop.)

Jeep364, I don't know about swapping out appliances, but we did ask them to relocate the battery storage, which would require wiring layout changes, and they were fine with that. So they are willing to work with you. As far as insulation goes, we have been winter camping in our canvas sided, single pane, thin walled Four Wheel camper. Getting something with insulated 2" thick walls, dual pane windows, and heated plumbing and holding tanks will be such an improvement it did not occur to us to ask about more insulation.

Frank, they are saying last week of March right now. If that is correct, time from order to delivery is about 5 months.

Ted i'm sure you will like the tiger.
When we ordered ours we requested to leave the sink out of the shower as it gave more room
and the kitchen sink was enough.
We also had a escape hatch installed over bed, comes with screen and shade made it real nice to have open at night
plus easy access to roof.
As much as we liked the tiger the upper bed was the downside, not enough head room to set up
in and a pain to climb in and out off.
And yes the people at tiger were great to work with.

Les,lqhikers

billharr said:
Coachmen Beyond 22C. Even has a 12v AC on the roof. How long until someone puts one on a FWC?

https://www.happydazerv.com/product/new-2021-coachmen-rv-beyond-22c-awd-1391826-13
I'm late to the party, but that's a nice ride with a long list of amenities.
Looking forward to more WTW reports, Bill.

==edit==

And Ted! Moving up to a Tiger! Very nice all around!
They are certainly an interesting truck option. I've got an acquaintance in Nevada City
who owns one and loves it.

It is interesting how long time WTW members start looking at different options.
Our Tundra is 14 years old, and Hawk is 12 years old. I also own a 2016 4wd Sprinter in my construction business, which we thought we would eventually purchase/convert into a camper van. But after our last DV trip, we're not convinced we can give up a truck based camper yet. We're considering a full size truck and selling the Sprinter. We want a backseat for grandkids, and a stronger rig for our Hawk + gear.

Sorry for the hijack!! :D
Maybe we're more like a pack... of Boomers who Wander. :p

I'm happy to see almost no one wants to give up wandering. Whatever it takes to keep it up is great. I'll keep my camper a while longer myself. Least as long as I can :)

I was unaware of the Tiger brand but it very much reminds me of the assorted Toyota truck based fiberglass camper bodies....Sundraider and others that seemed to make a good deal of sense...especially with 4WD.

DG

Ted just read you and the missus is getting a Tiger, Congratulations! you 2 deserve it. Just showed my gal and went to the website, She likes it, what have I done????

We had 2 FWC and then tried a Casita trailer and roof top tent. Sold both of those and went back to FWC but a flatbed model. Future it would be nice to have a Tiger. If you come over to Washoe Valley stop in.

And Bill congratulations on your new van camper. Looks stellar! How much ice cream can you fit in the freezer?

Thank you again for the continued nice comments. And suggestions, Les.

Searching for nowhere, I am not aware of anything else similar being constructed, let alone on the west coast. Wish there was as we are still working out the details on getting this thing home. We had planned to fly to South Carolina and make a trip out of the drive home. But if we can't get vaccinated by then, flying is not something we are willing to do (I have a compromised immune system). So we have been getting quotes to have it shipped.

Patrick, we go through CC often on our way to the east side. We will definitely meet up. Be forewarned, giving Carol a tour of the Tiger may be expensive for you.

Seems like you should be able to get your shots.
Keep checking/bugging your county health dept.

Or like when we were young,get a fake ID card.

Just stay healthy my friend.
The way the system is moving your turn will be soon.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom