Going to a Class B

Ted said:
Jeep364, I don't know about swapping out appliances, but we did ask them to relocate the battery storage, which would require wiring layout changes, and they were fine with that. So they are willing to work with you. As far as insulation goes, we have been winter camping in our canvas sided, single pane, thin walled Four Wheel camper. Getting something with insulated 2" thick walls, dual pane windows, and heated plumbing and holding tanks will be such an improvement it did not occur to us to ask about more insulation.

Frank, they are saying last week of March right now. If that is correct, time from order to delivery is about 5 months.
Where did you relocate the batteries to? Generator box? I noticed they finally have some videos on their website - if you click on the Chevy build they have a pair of heated Renogy batteries in the 'normal' external AGM location.

Looking forward to updates from your new ride!

jeep364 said:
Where did you relocate the batteries to? Generator box? I noticed they finally have some videos on their website - if you click on the Chevy build they have a pair of heated Renogy batteries in the 'normal' external AGM location.

Looking forward to updates from your new ride!
The generator box is where I asked them to install them. Unfortunately in the early build they saw "no generator" so they built the back of the camper solid instead of installing the box and access door. The solution was to put them under the couch. Still kind of difficult to get to but so much better than the normal AGM location. Plus I shouldn't need to get to them for years.
These are the heated batteries though that shouldn't be an issue with their interior location. Two trips in the electrical has lived up to and beyond my expectations. Barely denting the available power and the batteries are back in "float" by noon.

Ted said:
. Two trips in the electrical has lived up to and beyond my expectations. Barely denting the available power and the batteries are back in "float" by noon.
Glad to hear that Ted!

Totally missed this post. Now I need to start following the Van section. There will be room in our carport as we are downsizing to one car - Suburu Outback and a golf cart for now. Going to wait 18 months when the market is flooded with used rigs as folks discover the cost of ownership, and my body is healed

As I said on the PM Bill. Enjoy

Hi Bill, hope you're still loving your Coachman Beyond. We're still loving our Pleasure Way Ontour 2.0. Finally sold our Raven in July'22 for $4k less than we paid 10 years prior.

BobM said:
Hi Bill, hope you're still loving your Coachman Beyond. We're still loving our Pleasure Way Ontour 2.0. Finally sold our Raven in July'22 for $4k less than we paid 10 years prior.
Reading this post in a FS meadow by Mammoth Mountain. Went to the van show in lake Tahoe yesterday and met Monte and Julie. The van is working great. We are on our way to Bristlecone pines today.

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 42
billharr said:
Reading this post in a FS meadow by Mammoth Mountain. Went to the van show in lake Tahoe yesterday and met Monte and Julie. The van is working great. We are on our way to Bristlecone pines today.
We recently got back from a 17 day road trip through So Utah and N AZ. Took the van down 16 miles of the Burr Trail and the whole length of the Moki Dugway The all so fun Moki Dugway - YouTube

billharr said:
Your Youtube channel now has 38 subscribers.
Wow, I can retire. Wait, I've been retired for 10 years. Good thing I don't have to rely on Youtube for support My videos I post on You tube are mainly for my memories so I don't expect to have a lot of subscribers. That said, my gray tank and roof lifter videos have hd a boatload of views, not enough to monetize though

Back
Top Bottom