Gold Lake/Inaugural Journey in the new Outfitter

nobueno

Advanced Member
Got a late start heading up on Friday and we were turned back by a snow drift before our destination. First nights stopping spot.

s3h1qPm.jpg

The next day I decided to bust through the snow since I had plenty of daylight to dig out :)

tgLo0AS.jpg

Had to do a little digging. Almost couldn't open my driver's side door when I had to get out but luckily the snow was soft enough to squeeze out. And we eventually made it through to our initial destination.

W0JbuOm.jpg

The dogs were happy to see snow once again.

npGmrWe.jpg

S6eDPJ1.jpg

MmSF0vU.jpg

SfY4h2r.jpg

Found some evidence of a Moose in the area.

XTWilHP.jpg

The lake -

BdLRD8v.jpg

Little man got to test out his climbing skills

2k9vDTk.jpg

And I think he liked the lichen

Oz96opr.jpg

All and all I was very happy with how the camper handled. It's heavy but performed well. Made it through lots of snow and up and down a very rutted, rocky 20% incline. We also had very high winds throughout the night and the walls didn't shake at all, even the tent room for the dogs held up.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice trip.At first I thought Gold Lake Ca.,but after the Moose droppings knew it wasn't California.
Nice pictures.
Thanks Frank
Me too Frank-thought h was talking about the Gold Lake south of Grey Eagle/Quincy in the northern Sierras. I was there late last November, and I didn't see any moose :eek: ! But a friend saw one in central Nevada years ago-but that is another story!

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
Me too Frank-thought h was talking about the Gold Lake south of Grey Eagle/Quincy in the northern Sierras. I was there late last November, and I didn't see any moose :eek: ! But a friend saw one in central Nevada years ago-but that is another story!

Smoke
Yeh Smoke I keep thinking
Moose and Bison need to be imported to Ca.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom