Got A New Toy In The Shop

Google told me this :thumb::
1216638753lc.jpg

Here is one in action! Hope he is winning. Not just running time trials...:D

Attachments

• VDRF04.jpg
    VDRF04.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 356
fisherman, that will surely get your heart revved up! It will blow the doors off my '59 Austin Healey sprite racer. Is this a new hobby for you?

It's More Like A Disease Than A Hobby

Buzzie, in 1975 one of my best friends decided to try racing a FF, his name is Dallas Anderson, he invited me to go to the races with him later in his first year. I had always had a big interest in motorsports, so I was hooked right away, and left the track that day knowing I wanted to try this. A few months later I was the proud owner of a Crossle' 30F ff. After completeing SCCA drivers school, I entered my first regional event a Sears Point, well I learned a lot about racing that day, I was dead slow, and actually wondered what I was doing here. I stayed with it and slowly became more confident with what I was doing, but I had a lot shunts, they were expensive and I knew I had to get better at this if for no other reason than to save some money. Two years in the 30F which by then was pretty used up. Graduated to a new 32F and started to run closer to the front, later that year I won my first regional, started to dream about making the SCCA runoffs, started to run more national events, moved up to an ADF ff, raced that car on and off, as much as I could, but with my job I could never run enough events to make enough points to get there, something I've never been able to forget. While all this time went by, I gave up racing in 1989, and my friend Dallas made a carear out of it, as an engineer and shock guru for several Indy car and Nascar teams. We've always stayed close friends, and last year we talked about trying to get to the Runoffs, he thought I was kidding. He still had his older than god Winkelman WDF ff cicra 1971, which I used to regain a regional licence last spring, with that licence we were able to test the VanDiemen a couple of times, once a Willow Springs and a couple of times at ButtonWillow.raceway. After those tests we thought we were fast enough to go racing. In FF it's pretty much all about shock development, That's where Dallas comes in real handy. However all of this may come to nothing, some of you know I had a little heart issue, not sure yet, but it's possible that I won't be able to get medical clearence to do this, I guess that will be decided in late Feb. I will have to go through some stress testing then they will decided yes or no. I'm hopeful, I do what I do everyday no problem, I should be able to race, we'll see you at the runoffs. Do you race that Sprite? H prod. perhaps.

Fragile

It's quiet around here, so I thought you might be interested in a couple of suspension shots I took after reassembly. Right now the bodywork is getting a light weight Imron white paint job, which probably won't last long.

Attachments

• PC150005.JPG
    PC150005.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 227
  • PC150007.JPG
    PC150007.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 220
  • PC150006.JPG
    PC150006.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 213

Back
Top Bottom