Granby Shell Aluminum Frame

lmwilco1

Advanced Member
I have a 2019 Granby Shell and want to add some cabinets and water to it. I need to cut a few holes through the side for the water fill and drain and I need to know where the aluminum tubes are. Is there a diagram available that shows the tube locations?

How is the interior paneling attached to the aluminum frame? I don't see many screws so I am thinking they may be using the same tape that the exterior panels use, trying to see if I can't get a diagram if I can remove the paneling.

Thanks,
Louis

You need to contact FWC directly. I don't believe the the interior panels in your Grandby are fastened with tape. They use to staple them or screw them. FWC can provide the info.

longhorn1 said:
You need to contact FWC directly. I don't believe the the interior panels in your Grandby are fastened with tape. They use to staple them or screw them. FWC can provide the info.
JD is absolutely correct. Call FWC or reach out to Stan Kennedy here on WTW.

To be sure, you need to pull off the internal siding an LOOK to see where your studs are. FWC repeatedly says that each camper is unique.

I am going to be visiting Sacramento the week after next so I will plan to stop by the factory to talk to them about this.

As Vic stated above, I think ‘all are not created equal’
However, here are some pics om my ‘17 grandby shell to give you an idea.

Attachments

• 8915E407-5E53-41A0-BB8D-FD586050B47E.jpeg
    8915E407-5E53-41A0-BB8D-FD586050B47E.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 993
  • 4314F8D9-B0AE-43E1-8CC3-F6EA487D36EC.jpeg
    4314F8D9-B0AE-43E1-8CC3-F6EA487D36EC.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 330
If you live in a cold climate - use thermal bridging to your advantage.

I ran a Mr. Buddy heater inside my camper when the temperature was ~25ºF. Condensation shows up over the framing first.

jim

The thermal bridging method works really well.

My new camper was ordered with the solar package. Picked it up. Controller & display where there, looked on the roof and said "where is the solar panel? FWC dropped shipped the panel & brackets to my house.

Knew the roof trusses lined up with the trim batts inside but wanted to make really sure.

Cold night with some frost in the morning. Turned the heater on for 5 minutes and every truss showed up perfectly on the roof where I had marked them.

Has anyone tried stud finders that detect metal? (I have one, but my Hawk is on my truck which is having some rear bumper fabrication done right now through mid-January)

Back
Top Bottom