Grandby/F-150 is home!

WjColdWater

Waiting is over. Cleaned and road ready.

Really excited to finally have the camper home. Sean Dempsey, our FWC dealer, made the purchase easy. Great guy with an old school attitude. He was a three hour drive for us and well worth the buying experience. I highly recommend him if you are in the market for a FWC. GO ANYWHERE, LLC 262-370-4255 Eagle, WI. The F-150 with E tires and air bags at 20 lbs handled with ease. 3.5 eco and 10 speed tow haul trans was exceptional in performance. The rig cornered with confidence and acceleration was excellent. Overall, the rig is how I hoped it would be. Fits in our shop with 6” to spare on the overhead door. Going on a few local outings this fall to break her in. After, I will put her to bed on the camper dolly for the winter.
Happy campers Carol, Wayne and Paige (our golden retriever).

Congrats. Sean and his wife are awesome. jd
WjColdWater said:
Waiting is over. Cleaned and road ready.

Really excited to finally have the camper home. Sean Dempsey, our FWC dealer, made the purchase easy. Great guy with an old school attitude. He was a three hour drive for us and well worth the buying experience. I highly recommend him if you are in the market for a FWC. GO ANYWHERE, LLC 262-370-4255 Eagle, WI. The F-150 with E tires and air bags at 20 lbs handled with ease. 3.5 eco and 10 speed tow haul trans was exceptional in performance. The rig cornered with confidence and acceleration was excellent. Overall, the rig is how I hoped it would be. Fits in our shop with 6” to spare on the overhead door. Going on a few local outings this fall to break her in. After, I will put her to bed on the camper dolly for the winter.
Happy campers Carol, Wayne and Paige (our golden retriever).

Great to know, I just got a 2016 F150, FX4, supercab and I'm adding E rated tires and airbags next week to get ready to take delivery on a Hawk.
Your red truck and silver spur combination looks great. Enjoy

larryqp said:
Great to know, I just got a 2016 F150, FX4, supercab and I'm adding E rated tires and airbags next week to get ready to take delivery on a Hawk.
Your red truck and silver spur combination looks great. Enjoy
That is going to be a super combination! Post some pics when you can.

Nice looking rig! I like the look of the standard cab F-150 with the Grandby. That is what I got also.

I wanted my rig to fit into my garage, which has limited length and door height. I figured I would rather put money into more space into the camper rather than space for back seats in the truck, which I would rarely use. This dictated a standard cab with Grandby. I got the heavy duty package, which gives me 3159 pounds to carry passengers, camper and all equipment. This is plenty, so I didn't get any air bags, etc.

35 - 1.jpg

Zirdu said:
Nice looking rig! I like the look of the standard cab F-150 with the Grandby. That is what I got also.

I wanted my rig to fit into my garage, which has limited length and door height. I figured I would rather put money into more space into the camper rather than space for back seats in the truck, which I would rarely use. This dictated a standard cab with Grandby. I got the heavy duty package, which gives me 3159 pounds to carry passengers, camper and all equipment. This is plenty, so I didn't get any air bags, etc.

attachicon.gif
35 - 1.jpg
Nice set up! Maybe my next ford will include the heavy payload package. Could you elaborate on the differences between a 2150 truck and yours. Also MPG without the camper and ride quality.
Thanks for all the comments.
Wayne

Congrats on your new camper! We both hope it brings you and your family lots of fun adventures. :)

It was also nice to see the corn field in the background. It took me back to my roots. :)

ski3pin said:
Congrats on your new camper! We both hope it brings you and your family lots of fun adventures. :)

It was also nice to see the corn field in the background. It took me back to my roots. :)
Thanks! Yep a Midwest family. Already having a great time camping and organizing.

Our Base Model Tradesman Ram 1500 Regular Cab and Grandby. So easy to fit in campgrounds but we do miss the extra space that an extended cab would give us. We also run Firestone Air Bags and 10 ply Cooper STT Pro tires.

gallery_8354_1251_2002421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom