Green bar in profile

It refers to your "Reputation". Yours shows that you've received 2 "likes" (aka "Reputation") on posts you've made. If/when you accumulate 10 the "Neutral" will change to Good and at 20 it changes to Excellent.
I don't think that negative Reputation points can be given or accumulate so everyone is Neutral or better...I think.

The thumbnail below shows where a user would click to add a Reputation "like" to your post.

Reputation-points-1.jpg

It really doesn't mean a lot in this forum...but it isn't a bad thing either. ;)

It has to do with "reputation"......................................

If you find a member's post helpful, encouraging, etc., you may click on the up arrow below and to the right of the post. The number to the right of the arrow is the number of "reputation" points given. Back to your profile page is a tab on the left "reputation" and that shows you the source of the recent or 2 points you received. Insofar as "neutral" that means thus far you have few points. At some number threshold that bumps up to the next level.

If you look at a member list, usually beside the user name is a green square containing the reputation points.

I believe members are only allowed to give 5 reputation points in a day.

All in all, I believe few members know about this and it is not used much.

Back in the old days of DirtyDog, he would start new members out with 10 points.

Ahh.......the trivia of the forum

Thanks for asking! I'll give you a point for that.

Wow -- the Site Team is really on top of Support! :)

More WTW trivia, expanding on what ski3pin said: It was after late 2009 or early 2010 when new members started with 0 points, before then they started with 10.

And you'll notice that you can't award a Reputation point to your own post...and only registered Members can award Reputation points.

In some Forums (Forii?) clicking on Like (Reputation here) is a big deal -- like "Liking" a Facebook post or comment....but not so much here.

So, if I like or appreciate something someone shares or posts something helpful I can also thank them by giving them a point? I'm not on Facebook anymore so the Like button has been extinct in my life for some time. Now I just need to figure out how to get pictures on here and use the invisible emoticons.
Thanks y'all for the help and any points received. Woo hooo!
Dan

Good Q&A.
I just looked and I've accumulated 11 points after close to five years, which puts me in the good category.
I've just got to assume DD did not spot me 10 when I started out in 2010. :oops:

I have noticed the up arrow choice and once in a while I will give a "thumbs up".
But, as Ski said, "few members know about this".

Back
Top Bottom