Hallmark La Veta

Rob in MT

Thoughts on how this would compare to FWC or ATC? Seems to compare well. Granted has the potential to be heavier because of water capacity, but dry weight is only 100 pounds more than the FWC Eagle.

If you dont mind it beating itself to death on whashboard it's great. Composite balsa core contruction is great for RV models but not so great for back country campers.

Rob in Mt,

It sure is a nice looking camper, especially from the outside. The inside layout looks good too with the dinette standard...really like that.

I don't like the lift/support mechanism pipes running all over in front of the windows...looks like a plumber went bad.

I don't know if composite construction has been used in campers long enough to know how it performs(?) but there have been some problems with both balsa and foam composite in boats (separation and/or rot in balsa decks and weight gain from water absorption in foam hulls) so I'd want to make sure the same problems don't occur in campers, or at least know that there are easy fixes if they do.

We really like our Grandby and just the pipes inside the Hallmark would be enough to keep us with FWC/ATC.

Happy Trails!
'birds

They certainly look nice. I love the large windows and the composite/rollover type roof. However, the long-term durability hasn't been tested like the FWC's has. It's hard to beat a rigid/welded frame for strength and longevity.

For me the final consideration/no-brainer is the RESALE VALUE of the FWC over other/similar slide-in/pop up campers.

Need I say more?:thumb:

mtn

I"m pretty sure the Hallmark uses the composite panels as exterior panels only and are still fastened to a wood frame. They don't like to mention this. They aren't a full composite structure like the Earthroamer they mention (both use composites from C.F. Meier).

Hallmarks have been around a long time, too. They should hold up as well as an FWC. The lift mechanism is more intrusive, but allows you to lift the top with weight on it. I do like their one piece plastic/carbon fiber roof. They are very nice campers and would not rule them out over an FWC. Outfitter is also very nice, but I'm not sure they makes something for the smaller trucks (Eagle sized).

I do have to give the nod to FWC on resale value, though. They don't stay on the market very long! Hallmarks don't come on the market often (and are more often seen for sale in CO), but they have a following, too, just not as big as FWC.

Hallmarks and Outfitters are also popular with the off road, get away from it all crowd, but tend to have more amenities than FWC/ATC.

-steve

Back
Top Bottom