Hallmark Owners - How did you attach your Maxtraxx?

smlobx

Lost again
One thing I guess I should have though about before we ordered our Everest is making provisions for attaching a pair of Maxtraxx....
I now have a pair and was wondering what those of you who carry yours do about it?

Thanks!

Well, I'm in the same boat. I ordered some straps (strapworks.com, great place for any kind of straps you might need) and can attach them to the ladder. They stick up over the the top and actually haven't brought them along attached there yet. That's where I hang my Trash-a-roo and haven't tried both together yet.

Have thought about devising some sort of attachment to the Yakima rails that hangs down on the side and would cover the windows when top is down on the passenger side. This would raise up with the top and allow full use of the windows, the pop top window would be blocked but it is by the overhead storage anyway.

Other option for me would be to mount on the back next to the shovel/axe and just have to remove to empty the toilet cassette. Not sure yet how it would impact the door though. I'm trying to use that space for a small chainsaw and associated fuel (chainsaw is definitely a trail tool in these neck of the woods) supported off of the storage box.

In the mean time they get set in the walkway with all the other stuff inside, and mama gets mad at me for tracking mud and dirt into the camper...
img_147019_0_463b439747c464b80191c98be0daea5c.jpg

I hear you about Mama!

I didn't have a chance to look while I was at the factory but how are your ax and shovel attached?
Could you post a close up pic?

Off topic: Curious George here. What is the best guess actual weight of your campers, with options, out the factory door? When loaded?

For me I'm thinking a little north of 2400. Loaded with full water and gear, fuel full and 2 passengers I hit the scales at 11,000. I have collected some heavy "stuff" that I still think I need to carry a long that I need to go through. The truck is about 7800 empty

Sent from my STV100-2 using Wander The West mobile app

smlobx said:
I hear you about Mama!

I didn't have a chance to look while I was at the factory but how are your ax and shovel attached?
It's an Aluminess kit that Hallmark offers. http://www.aluminess.com/accessories/recovery-gear/

Basically it's just through bolted with the hardware inside of the cabinet in our configuration. I'll get some pictures of both sides tonight.

Bad Habit said:
For me I'm thinking a little north of 2400. Loaded with full water and gear, fuel full and 2 passengers I hit the scales at 11,000. I have collected some heavy "stuff" that I still think I need to carry a long that I need to go through. The truck is about 7800 empty

Sent from my STV100-2 using Wander The West mobile app
Thanks! We came in at 12,500 with both of us in the truck. My guess is that the camper loaded is around 33-3,400. As configured from the factory, it was around 2,700.

Bad Habit said:
Well, I'm in the same boat. I ordered some straps (strapworks.com, great place for any kind of straps you might need) and can attach them to the ladder. They stick up over the the top and actually haven't brought them along attached there yet. That's where I hang my Trash-a-roo and haven't tried both together yet.
I have an FWC with an Aluminess rear and carry mine behind my Trasharoo on the spare. I used the Maxtrax spare tire mounting straps which you might be able to adapt to your ladder.

BTW, Amazon sells scale model Maxtrax for remote control vehicles for about $20 and someone bought a pair thinking he was getting a full sized set, and then gave the product a 1 star review. :rolleyes:

Stalking Light said:
BTW, Amazon sells scale model Maxtrax for remote control vehicles and someone bought a pair thinking he was getting a full sized set, and then gave the product a 1 star review. :rolleyes:
Now that's funny! No wonder they were so cheap!

smlobx said:
Here's inside and out. Basically just some carriage bolts through the wall with fender washers, double nuts, and mushroom caps to cover the bolt ends in the cabinet.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Off topic: Curious George here. What is the best guess actual weight of your campers, with options, out the factory door? When loaded?
Here's what I posted in another thread here as I was curious as well!

I had an opportunity to weigh my truck just before we took off For Denver and had a chance to weigh the rig this afternoon.
I probably had 100 pounds of gear and water in the camper but the camper weighed in at 2580 #'s.

This includes the Happy Jack's and the Fast Gun system as well as the camper itself.

The camper itself is fairly well appointed including:

2 way fridge
3 burner stove
Sink
External Shower
4 gal hot water heater
North/South queen bed
10 foot awning
Carpet Kit
2 flexible solar panels
Cassette toilet
Dual batteries

And a few other minor items but all of the above add weight so I wasn't surprised. Fortunately I'm still under my GVWR so all is good.

Played around yesterday with Maxtraxx/Trash-A-Roo mounting on the rear ladder. Should work out pretty well. Will have to see if there's any strange wind effects as it will stick above the roof line by about 8-10". Don't think it will be a problem

Back
Top Bottom