Has anyone installed a diesel heater in a truck camper

Vic Harder said:
What did you do about routing the hot exhaust? I had initially just made a 1" hole and ran it through that to the outside, but have since made a 2" hole and attached an alum plate with a 1" hole over that, and fed the line through the plate. Distributes the heat a bit better so less chance ofI
I just made sure to cut the hole a smidge bit bigger than the output. For the exhaust I used solid copper piping (see photo)Hopefully the pipe won't be stolen.... might need to paint it. Also to note the flooring in the refrigerator/cabinet area is thicker than the length of the exhaust output.

Capture.PNG

I am interested in a Webasto hot water/heater set-up.I just ordered a flatbed Hawk. That will be set on a 2019 diesel F350.
I called XPCamper and was quoted $5000 for just the hardware over the phone. They were not sure what would be involved in the install so they didnt want to guess, which makes sense. I wasn't aware that the hardware cost that much. Doubt I pursue this because of the costs but I really would like to have a diesel heater.

Back
Top Bottom