Heater

I have an older Atwood that I replaced the fan motor in and it is no worse than a box fan at home. I like the white noise. I also use a Wave 3 plumbed to 1 lb bottles for battery economy The Wave will run 8 hours on 1 canister.

cwd.

I camped from Az to Illinois last winter (and back) and used my furnace quite a bit. I have a Fleet with thermal pack. What I found worked great for me, was to crank it up at first to get all the ambient air warm, then I'd turn it down for maintenance. I turn it down to around 56 for nighttime and have a nice down quilt and am cozy comfy. The sound doesn't bother me and I'm really glad I got the furnace.

I have the Atwood 1200 BTU heater. It's great, liking having a camp fire. I crank it up at night before going to bed and in the morning before getting up. Hell, I've camped on Denali at -20F. At night I turn it off and sleep in my bag, normally a 32 deg mountain hardware phantom. I also have a 45 deg, 20 deg, 0 deg, and -20 deg bag if needed. Normally I just unzip the bag and use it as a cover. But the heater is nice on those rainy evenings or cold mornings before I get the coffee going, or if you stay up late to catch the Milky Way.

Back
Top Bottom