Help Me Set Up My Tundra

How are you guys mounting your popups to your 1st gen Tundra Access Cabs? 2006 4x4 w/ HD Towing package. Front/rear mounting points, bumper mounts, etc? I have Happijac turnbuckles from another build but hard to find mounting options for this rig, Besides expensive Torklift brackets..

Here is my 06 limited build I did.

i-JjFhPbg-M.png
i-FvKrrGK-S.png
i-qHtNcBD-M.png

just bought a 2005 Double Cab with 114k miles. It has a rear anti sway bar. Don't see any markings so not sure it's a Helwig, but I can already tell how different this drives from my 2006 that did not have a sway bar.

My question - does this need to be adjusted after/when I have the camper on?

I just had the truck checked out by my friend who is a 30 year Toyota master mechanic. We both agree the brakes feel different (we have both had first gen in past), more pressure required to push, but brakes and fluid look good. He's not sure what's up, not a safety issue, they are just different. Anyone here with ideas or thoughts?

evans06ac said:
How are you guys mounting your popups to your 1st gen Tundra Access Cabs? 2006 4x4 w/ HD Towing package. Front/rear mounting points, bumper mounts, etc? I have Happijac turnbuckles from another build but hard to find mounting options for this rig, Besides expensive Torklift brackets..
My 06 AC Tundra has a Hawk mounted, using forged eyebolts drilled through the bed. The installer used fenders washers underneath, but I would use larger plates, similar to what FWC sells in their install kit. The camper is attached with turnbuckles, which came from FWC, but I've added a nylock wingnut on one side to lock the turnbuckle in place.

Contact FWC to get the correct dimensions for the eyebolt location.

They have a number of useful videos
Truck Preparation - Four Wheel Campers

This video does a good job discussing eyebolt installation

You can purchase an installation kit from FWC. Scroll down to Camper Installation and Wiring
Hawk Model w/ Roll Over Couch - Four Wheel Campers

We have an 05 Tundra AC with an ATC Ocelot on full time. Stock Bilsteins, did add Air Bags. Still had too much sway so added a Hellwig sway bar which helped a lot. If I had to do it over again, I would add extra leaf springs and not the air bags. but since your camper is only going to be on part time, might be better with air bags.

Back
Top Bottom