Help-Water heater for old keystone

rjm

All, I have 90s vintage keystone in xlnt cond. I am now going to upgrade the interior with new cabs / appliances etc. currently has hot point 4 burner stove AND oven. I would like to replace this unit with a 2 burner stove and a hot water heater. ( obviously the oven takes up the space for a water heater) I needs advice on tankless or tank type fitment etc. brands or any other thoughts. Sink and faucet ideas too! I am aiming towards marine quality products for this build. Thanks Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Following here as I have mid 80s Granby that I am considering adding hot water to. Have you made any progress?

Hi - glad somebody read my post!
I have the WH installed and am now setting up for the shower. The WH took the place of the oven so no loss in storage. I did have cut a hole in the side of the camper and frame the heater but that was simple enough. I tig welded the frame but used angle brackets to install as welding next to exterior sheet meta cooks the paint. Found that out the hard way .
I am also re wiring the camper and installing a SMEV cooktop / sink.
The shower is at back end where porta Potti closet was. I'll make a SS pan with drain and walls with poly- pro similar to typical RV shower sectional unit.

Oops got too excited and lost track . The heater is a suburban 4 gallon unit got a great deal at country RV web store. I was going to buy a tankless type as I don't need much and have limited fuel. But it seems the tankless units have many problems and the little guys need venting in a way I had no room for. I decided with so little use the tank heater design will be ok- and it fit.

Back
Top Bottom