Help with new camper

Mic

Advanced Member
I have looked and looked but one more time...I have a 2013 Tacoma sport, 4x4, double cab...plan on ordering a "Eagle" in July...really just not sure what to do with the soft rear end?? I have a 5 leaf pack and know I need to up grade...have read air bags seem to be the over all best? I will end up in some goofy places...certainly use my 4x4 but not HARD!
Thanks,

By goofy, if you mean tons of 4x4 without jumping, I would recommend a medium or heavy duty leaf pack from OME. If your 4x4ing doesn't include using your skid plates then airbags are an excellent choice.

Allpro and timbrens. I have an OME set up and wish I had gone with a different option. They are good but still rides low with my 575lb Finch. Do you have a long bed or short bed? Not that it matters in regards to suspension.

Also, depends on if you're leaving the camper on all the time or not. If on all the time, springs are great and can be tuned to balance the camper. If you take it off seasonally, air bags allow you to adjust the pressure to balance side to side when the camper is on (I put ~45# on driver side and ~#30 on passenger side with my Fleet on my Tacoma) and you can equalize the pressure when you take off the camper.

Back
Top Bottom