Help with Solar..

craig333 said:
I assume those would be fairly impervious to hail? Though I have to admit my current panels seem to be pretty tough.
My last set of flexible panels died from a hailstorm, and the ones before that died of their own volition.

I am a huge fan of the weight savings from flexible panels, but the longevity is a major gamble. I am back to a 160W rigid panel.

BBZ said:
Looks like just mounted to the roof, no support bars? Does it seem quite solid?
The current glass panel is mounted to the roof with an angle bracket that is screwed down into the frame below - it's pretty solid.

craig333 said:
I assume those would be fairly impervious to hail? Though I have to admit my current panels seem to be pretty tough.
If you're referring to the flexible panels on ours, yes, they're extremely tough. Although it must be said conventional panels are tough as well.

I have two Global Solar 100W panels on my Phoenix, new in 2016. They are excellent panels, very tough (withstood golf-ball hail). Global Solars cannot be compared with any of the cheaper flexible ones that get the bad reviews we see. They are probably the priciest flexible panels on the market but if, like me, you need light weight, non-penetrating install, and minimum drag they are the way to go. IIRC they used to be available only thru dealers and manufacturers but they may have begun direct marketing, best to call them and find out.

Back
Top Bottom