Here's my 2000 Eagle Shell remodel

Mark G

[SIZE=12pt]I’m a remodeling contractor so when I’m in my Eagle shell, I’m often thinking of how I’d change it. This Winter I did it. I had several criteria:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1. 30” clear floor space to let me put my Thermarest pad on the floor for camping incognito; such as in front of your house.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2. I’m 6’4” and I wanted it to feel more roomy, less cramped.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3. Upgrade the electrical.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4. Real seats and a table.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The cabinet is 16” deep with an Ikea butcher block top built integrally with the Baltic birch cabinet. 4 drawers have full extension slides. Doors and bottom bins have self closing hinges. Undermount dry sink drains to outside. The sink cutout became a cutting board and sink cover.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• Small1.jpg
    Small1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 724
  • Small2.jpg
    Small2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 732
  • Small3.jpg
    Small3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 662
  • Small4.5.jpg
    Small4.5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 570
[SIZE=12pt]The two burner stove runs several days on a 14 oz. propane bottle. This is probably a code violation somewhere, but I've done it this way for years, carefully, and have not had any problems.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• Small7.jpg
    Small7.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 298
[SIZE=12pt]The 100 watt solar panel runs the 12v. cooler during the day. It’s enough to keep things cool through the night. The lights run on an eight pack of “D” batteries which last very long. I’m working on a rechargeable set-up but if I don’t unplug the cooler, it drains the small batteries.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The only thing I don’t get is ice for my bourbon. Guess I’ll have to rough it. Between the food bin and the cooler, there is plenty of food for two for 3 days. I pass a grocery store at least that often.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Electrical update 9/2020: Forget this electrical plan. It didn't work. Replacement system is 175 watt panel, 50amp hour Lithium battery, Victron 100/20 charge controller, Victron BMV 712 battery monitor to run Dometic CF-18 refer, lights, and peripheral chargers.[/SIZE]

New electrical system works great.

Attachments

• Small8.jpg
    Small8.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 198
Mark,looks like we both are members from about the same time.
Your woodwork is very nice.
The cabinets look like they are very functional.
Nice to see "remodels"

Thanks for sharing your camper.
Frank

Mark G-
As a fellow North County guy. hope sometime we can meet up so I can see it in person.or attend the SoCal Rally in November this year (yes we moved it to the desert).

Great cabinet work, Definitely a craftsman.

Oooops,,,..missed the pic of the ice cooler and location of the 2.5 gallon water container.

"MarkBC" if your reading this, please add "Mark G" to the "camper builds" thread in the "truck campers" folder.

Here you go. It's a piece of 2" (50mm) ABS pipe with a short piece of 1 1/2" (38mm) ABS dropped in to lift the chair a bit. 2 3/8" (60mm) holes through the plywood. It's a little sloppy but I'll wrap it with some tape to shim it if it ever bothers me. Sat in it a few hours last weekend and it was fine.

How's my metric conversion, eh?

Attachments

• Small13.jpg
    Small13.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 202
clever! Good metric... and almost all building supplies up here are in good ol' inches too, so no need to convert!

What's it like getting at the turnbuckles through that arrangement you built?

Just gotta move some junk like I always did. Actually it's easier. I used to have that convertible bench seat and sliding doors over the turnbuckle holes. I put self-closing flip-down doors over the turnbuckle holes and will be making flip-down doors with self-closing hinges in the right cabinet openings.

Back
Top Bottom