Hood mounted, flexible solar cell

Dennis535

I am thinking of mounting a flexible solar cell to the hood on 1998-2002 era F250. For battery conditioning. Is there a good one for this, anyone? Feel free to point me to prior discussions etc

Truck is parked outside year round and driven infrequently at times. Diesel, also when camping some times it sits for a while.

Any brand recommendation? The idea is it will act like a trickle charger. There is no exsisting draw issues usually get about 3 to 4 years out of a set of batteries.. In the winter I hit it with a trickle charger about once every 6 weeks now. Can sit for months in summer no issues.

Thanks

Weather 40 to 60 F winter and sunny most of the time, except during occasional rain

I bought a solar charger with built in MPPT that plugs into my 12 v (cigarette) outlet in the cab. I place it on the dash on the driver side of my 1993 Dodge w250. It is a bit bigger than I wanted but I can leave in place. It automatically stops charging when the battery is full or when the truck is running.

Works great keeping the truck battery topped off when I leave it sitting unused for weeks at a time.

$60

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K2T4RPH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Back
Top Bottom