How many nights in 2017?

170 nights in 2017 spread across our normal four trips (April, May-June, July, Aug.-Oct.) with all trips between 30 days and 70 days.

The first two trips were in the North Carolina to Virginia corridor mainly Appalachian Trail and Blue Ridge Parkway.

The summer trip was wandering Montana east of the continental divide and north of I-90.

The big fall trip was wandering through Wyoming while heading to an extended visit to Oregon and Washington and return wandering through Idaho and Colorado.

High lights: We did hit both oceans this year. The number of elk bow hunters in Oregon is amazing. We saw a pair of Harbor Porpoise off North Jetty, Columbia River, Cape Disapointment SP, WA (different for a pair of hikers). We found a dead beached whale at Grayland Beach SP, WA (hikers usually see dead deer, never a dead whale).

Low lights: The west is getting much busier and folks are more noisy in the west and inspiring us to explore going hard side for sound proofing. Also, lots of smoke out west.

Iowahiker, you're just going to have to go deeper into the wilderness to escape the noises of civilization. Ron

Between business and pleasure, 45 nights give or take 2 days. Favorite trip was 6 nights between Steens Mtn. Hart Mtn and the Warners. I read somewhere that a mechanized adventure isn't an adventure till something gets broke. If that's true then I had an adventure as the steering went out on the old bum around in Ford. That lead to night 7, between Adel and Hwy 395 waiting for my, retired, but too stubborn to give up his crap wagon, farmer Dad. He showed up on the morning of day 8 at 08:00hrs, crap wagon and parts on hand to fix me up and get me headed north. The old song adage is true, "best to be nice to your family, they're the ones most likely to stick with you in tough times".

We are in the group that didn't get enough camping the past year. So much going on, including our son's wedding, successful cancer surgery, visits from relatives and friends, wife's volleyball tournaments, a landscaping project- all good stuff but not camping. We did get in a fun trip to watch the eclipse and another short trip. We hope for much more camping this coming year. :)

85 not all in my FWC as I still tent camp too. Hope to get more this year. Just got back from long weekend bringing in the New Year. 20 degrees and snow flurries here in Tx started 2018 on a cool note ;)

Checking the log book, we hit 64. Would have hit 70 if I didn't get injured rock climbing in November. When I bought the camper in January I thought I might be around 30 days a year, but the camper makes it so easy to get out there that we find ourselves skiing/biking/climbing more than ever before.

Whoops! I forgot 5 nights of blissful camping in the driveway of our beach house, hard by the A/C unit humming all night in the late July heat as it kept our house full of guests nice and comfy. True confession: we ran the a/c in the camper all night, too.
So that got us to a total of 8!
But 2018, here we come!

Close to a hundred or more. I spend two nights a week in it for work. I’d have more if I didn’t tear my ACL last spring. Only two weeks camped out skiing this year. Many climbing and camping trips last summer as well. Just had surgery, so next winter I’ll be back to 5 nights a week in the camper when the skiing is good.

Back
Top Bottom