How to polish a b-17

You aren't thinking about getting a B17 are you Big Time?

No, but every time I see one of those airplanes, it's makes me think of my dad, he flew one out of Naples in 1944 and 45. From what little he would ever talk about, I know how those airplanes got their dents, not to mention the holes. I posted those pictures because they are good pictures of that airplane, I'm real glad to see their are a few left, they are a true labor of love, and I have a lot of respect for the people who take care of these airplanes, they all work hard and are very skillful, and they do the work for the love of these airplanes, not money.

Thanks for posting the link Salty. If you can believe it..Fuddy Duddy is privately owned. It's one of the only airworthy B-17's not owned by a museum or foundation. It's owned by retired Major General William Lyon. he added it to his two other bombers, a B-25 Mitchell and an A-26 Invader. He's gotta have mucho bucks to own and operate several warbirds. I'd guess that B-17 costs upward of $4000.00 per hour to fly and insure. I'd love to have the Invader, and I know what it takes to fly one of those..About 250 gallons of Avgas and about 3-4 gallons of oil per hour... Double that and you have the B-17...My hat's off to him for keeping it up and keeping it flying...

That is one hell of a good job :thumb: That warbird deserves to look that good.

Back
Top Bottom