I want to camp beside Lake Mead tonight, help!

brp

Advanced Member
Hi everyone. I am just outside Vegas right now and I am hoping to be able to bring my ATC right up to the water's edge tonight. West End Wash Road and Callville Wash Road S basically died out before making it to the water. West End Wash Road actually had a sign saying it didn't make it and Callville Wash Road S just died out, best I could tell.
I'm trying to find something off the beaten path, yet still close to Vegas because I get my friend there at 10pm. Fortification Hill Road looks promising. If nothing works out we will head for Valley of Fire. Thanks

Real cool place is Gypsum cove,It's been a long time but I really liked it. If I remember it's toward the dam&meadview,look on a map. Hope this helps

Thanks. I never made it to Gypsum Cove, but I did find Stewart's Point and I do recommend it. It is right on the water and is a great place, primitive. Just drive into the "town" and head for the northern end of the place. Park right on the lake, no fees or rules, and a couple of nice vagabond types to meet and hang out with. Its very easy to find. It is on the west side of the north finger of the lake, just south of Valley of Fire State Park.

Back
Top Bottom