Ice box broke off

telebrewer

Advanced Member
My lower hinge area cracked away from the ice box insert. JB Weld didn't work. Can I buy a whole new ice box and swap out with my broken one. I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it. I'll try to post a picture later.

Thanks...

Maybe time to swap in a 3-way refrigerator

I can't answer your question, but you might want to consider changing to a 3 way refrigerator.

I really like my Dometic 3 way powered refrigerator (I use mostly propane) for it's ability to keep food and beer cold for as long as I have propane - which is quit long enough for any trip I have taken.

My lower hinge area cracked away from the ice box insert. JB Weld didn't work. Can I buy a whole new ice box and swap out with my broken one. I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it. I'll try to post a picture later.

Thanks...

Are you going to make it to the Death Valley Rally Jan 17?? If so, you can have my Ice Box. It's still in the camper right now but will be converting that area to a pantry. I have an Engel 45 fridge/freezer so don't need it any longer. If you're going to DV, I'll leave it in for a few more weeks and remove it there and give it to you.

I'm up in Sacramento, so don't think it would be worth it to ship, but if you're not going to DV, and don't mind paying for shipping I'll ship it to you.

BTW, it's out of a '96 Grandby.

Bob

Thanks Deltarat, I think I want to keep it ice box style. If anyone knows where to get a replacement, please let me know...

I'm heading for the snow on Jan, 17th. Utah...So I won't make the DV meetup...Kevin...

I'm guessing theres a half dozen guys on here with an ice box in their garage gathering dust. I took ice boxes out of 2 FWC's to make room for a cabinets. I no longer have them but they're floating around here somewhere.

We still have the Ice Box's here at the factory for sale.

I don't know who we order them from ?

But please feel free to call Chicali in our service dept..

He can get you details and prices of what we have available.

FWC SERVICE DEPT.

CHICALI (800) 242-1442

===================================================

... Can I buy a whole new ice box and swap out with my broken one. I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it.

Thanks Craig333, I'll take it. Hopefully they are the same size, I'll call Chicali. Although I won't be going through Sac. until sometime in July. Would that be O.K. with you?

I'll P.M. you to get the details. Thanks alot.

Dezul...

Back
Top Bottom