Idaho and Montana July 2011

Well we will be leaving July 16th from McKinleyville, CA. We will be heading out Hwy 299 to Alturas where we will hook up with 395. Probably spend our first night in the Warners before making our way toward Boise. Depending on temps we may make a stop at the Steens. From there we are going to explore The Sawtooth, Challis, Boise, Salmon and Payette National Forest. We have to be in Great Falls MT for a family Reunion on the 23rd. From there we are going to head to the Bear Tooth's in MT for a few days, then back toward the Boise area. We will be getting back to our home in California sometime in early August.

If anyone is going to be roaming around in those parts and feels like meeting up for exploring, shared meal, etc post up and maybe we can figure something out.

Cort

I'll be at Thompson Falls the 21st and 22nd and then heading South to Riggins ID. and Hell's Canyon on the 23rd. Don't know if paths will cross, I'm always looking out for FWC's and all pop up truck campers.

Sounds good Barko...as things get closer I will try an figure out where we will be. I know for sure that we will be in the Bear Tooth's on the 27th through.......

Does anyone have some insight to the Bear Tooths? I have never been there and would love to learn about some out of the way places?

Cort

Anyone familiar with either of these routes?

Morrison Jeep Trail
Goose Creek Jeep Trail

Both of them get way out into the Beartooth mountains and they look like they have great potential for fishing and camping

Cort

Back
Top Bottom