Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
The phone rang one evening. It was friends in Montana. They had work we could help with around their spread in the Bitterroot Valley. When could we get up there? That story and more is included in this four part trip report -

Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022 - Part One

Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022 - Part Two

Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022 - Part Three

Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022 - Part Four

We hope you enjoy coming along on this adventure. The Lady told a friend, "This was our best trip ever!"

craig333 said:
I want pics of the levitating trout :)
I do too! That was an amusing error, gave us a smile. Reminded me of the time I gave great praise to Julie's home make peach clobber.

I've corrected the error in the narrative. :)

I can say a lot more but wow comes first! What a wonderful time... such incredible places (and trout). You can't be anything but a happy man.

The I phone 13 has a feature on photos.When you take a picture and go to edit there is a "I" icon.
If you click on it in most cases it will let you search info.Don't know if that works on every object
you take a picture of,but I have used it mostly for plants/flowers.
Also it may be a feature on other I phone models and other phone platforms.

It has been very useful.
Frank

ski3pin said:
Only one more part to complete. Here is part three -

Idaho, Montana, and Oregon - August 2022 - Part Three

We hope you are enjoying this adventure! :)
Monte, thanks for sharing! Beautiful fish, country, and images. That first picture of Phylis Lake should be printed on metal, it’s stunning! Maybe one of the fish as well! Thanks for the vicarious journey.

Monte another great trip.Why didn't we see you in kilts?
The Celtic games looked like a lot of friendly fun.

Your fish catch this trip was way about other times.
Those cuts sure are beautiful.

Thanks for taking the time to let us ride along.
Frank

i see in part 3, that you returned to the imnaha river. i am pretty sure i can guess what you ended up catching ! and if so, great for you! i was thinking of going back that way, but opted for different stream. i now see that the upper imnaha canyon has a pretty good fire near it... ugh.

I'm pretty sure I know where/what lake you were at and glad you had a great time! Looks like you missed all the smoke we are having now :-(

I've been meaning to get to the Imnaha to chase some bull trout. I'd be curious to know how the drive in is and how far up you went? Oh, I see the report now...

Very nice report, that area of Idaho (emanating from the White Clouds) is my favorite in the entire world. The lakes are so pretty and you can see for miles. Might help that I started my career in forestry there...

Did you ever solve the flower mystery? It does appear to be a marsh felwort based on my limited ID - 5 petals in that area doesn't leave a lot to choose from, although I couldn't see the leaf arrangement.

Vic Harder said:
incredible.... Makes me want to follow in your footsteps! (might not make it past the Muir kitchen though!)
Now you know why the Teds show up in many of the Ski3pins reports. And often we do follow in their footsteps if we aren't with them. They have taught us so much, shown us incredible sights, and they are just darn good company.

In addition to having had an epic two days of fly fishing, you have written an epic trip report. Thanks SO MUCH for the efforts to present it.

It brings good memories of epic catch and release days fishing for 28-40" rockfish (aka striped bass) in Chesapeake Bay from around 1995-2007 when the rockfishing was HOT.

Foy

Man they are some awesome fish. What a way to end your trip.
Thanks for the 4 part trip.Another great voyage.

I fished Bowman Lk. in Glacier NP for Bull Trout. No luck though.
Great to see the ones you caught.
Frank

buckland said:
I can say a lot more but wow comes first! What a wonderful time... such incredible places (and trout). You can't be anything but a happy man.
Thanks buckland! We are both happy people and do our best to spend time in beautiful places.

goinoregon said:
those lakes are very picturesque! thx for trip report
Thanks goinoregon! The lakes (and citizen trout) were wondrous. :)

Back
Top Bottom