I'm another new guy

JMerk

I've been following you guys for a long time and found my first Alaskan, a 67 10' NCO in southern Utah early Oct. Picked it up Sunday b4 Thanksgiving and wife and I + our 2 wiener dogs camped in it 6 nights in Capitol Reef NP and Escalante, UT. We had a blast. Our camper is in really good shape, but the bench seats need re-upholstered. I think they had been done so previously, so prior to undertaking this upgrade, can anyone out there with the same era camper confirm the depth of the seats? Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I roll along.

Welcome. I have a 67 8ft nco what measurement are you needing the height or the distance from the front to the back?

my 64 10ft nco had seats that were 28 inches deep and 5 inches thick with back panels 18 inches deep and 2 inches thick. i changed them to 24 deep-5inches thick and 14 deep-5 inches thick. this gave me more leg room in dinette position and more comfort on backrest. on a side note, we used drapes with backing from goodwill and stapled around edge of backboard for a temp fix, but have since decided to leave it that way.cost of material was 29 dollars and foam as garage sale. hope this helps.

wes

Attachments

• seats.JPG
    seats.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 171
thanks Gents for the responses. I was specifically looking for the depth of the bench seats front to back as ours, at 29" seems deep. When we sat at the table we have no back support, but the trade off is they're wide enough as is to sleep on as singles. We did try the queen layout the first night and while it worked, its cumbersome to set up. We'll get it all figured out though and thanks again.

with ours,napping in singles mode works pretty good by pulling the bottom cusions out toward center a few inches. in queen mode. it's a tight fit with all four pieces cause i didn't measure twice ,cut once and i left foam a little bigger than backing board,but it's very comfortable(except getting crawled over for trips to the potti)

wes

Back
Top Bottom