In need of new shocks

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey
I need some new shocks for my 3500 Dodge.

What are you guys using?

I am thinking a of a small reservoir shock to handle all the rough roads I go on.

I use the Bilsteins from http://www.genosgarage.com/?gclid=CNTdyKrO3aUCFQ0mbAodqXgS2g
I don't know how they would hold up to fast run on a dirt road heat wise. We have to travel slow and easy due to the cats. Too fast and my big guy gets car sick. For what we do they work very well.
John

I do travel fast...
It's a smother ride over the washboards.

I ran Bilsteins on my previous truck but they didn't last long.
Guess they got hot and that why i was looking for a reservoir one.

Thanks for the link; forgot about Gino's... good to have when owing a Dodge.

Go Bilstiens. Get the 7100 series shocks from someone that can set them up for your truck and not just sell you a 'standard' shock.

Check this article out: My link

Bilsteins for me too. I drive fast on dirt roads (the shocks help make it safer) and never had one overheat. Buy the HD models or better.

If your looking for bolt on shocks then the Bilsteins are probably the best bet. If you want more, any of the rebuildable off road shocks should be able to give you what you want. They are all pretty much the same design whether its Kings, Sway-a-ways, Fox, FOA, or Bilsteins. The bigger the diameter of shock, the less likely they will fade. You might look at ICON suspension as they may have something along those lines thats bolt on. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Kevo

If you are going to venture into the higher end dampers then I'll recommend Fox over all of the others. They are all very similar, but the differences in the details are significant. Fox uses a piston design that makes them a little more supple over the small bumps than the pistons used by the other mfgs.

Back
Top Bottom