Inside the 2013 Fleet Camper

Bosque Bill

FWC has only a limited number of photos of their campers online. I know when I was shopping I would really have liked to have seen as comprehensive photo gallery as I've put in my blog. I tried to show the inside from every angle and pointed out the options and features (though I neglected to get photos of the LED ceiling lights, the battery compartment and under couch storage - oops.)

The Inside Story on Bosque Bill's Backroads

I also have two photos of the new camper steps that I just got Friday. They work extremely well. I'm very happy with them even though they weigh nearly 30 pounds. As they mount in my receiver hitch, they are very securely attached to the truck so no worries about them slipping no matter what I do. They claim they are rated at a 250 pound capacity - I believe they would easily hold twice that. There are three holes in the shank to adjust how far they fit from the bumper. They are made by Brophy and I got them at eTrailer.com.

This is a great service to prospective popup camper buyers, Bill.
Thanks for the contribution. :)

FWC has only a limited number of photos of their campers online. I know when I was shopping I would really have liked to have seen as comprehensive photo gallery as I've put in my blog. I tried to show the inside from every angle and pointed out the options and features (though I neglected to get photos of the LED ceiling lights, the battery compartment and under couch storage - oops.)

The Inside Story on Bosque Bill's Backroads

I also have two photos of the new camper steps that I just got Friday. They work extremely well. I'm very happy with them even though they weigh nearly 30 pounds. As they mount in my receiver hitch, they are very securely attached to the truck so no worries about them slipping no matter what I do. They claim they are rated at a 250 pound capacity - I believe they would easily hold twice that. There are three holes in the shank to adjust how far they fit from the bumper. They are made by Brophy and I got them at eTrailer.com.

Very nice Bill.When we were shopping at FWC one of the things I really liked was the cushion material you choose.
With my Bobcat there was only one choice.It works for us,but I still like the fabric design on yours.
Nice interior shots.Sure helps to have those when buyers are just starting to look.
Enjoy your new camper.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Frank

bill- nice work- really enjoyed those great pics- keep posting....

Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments.

That is indeed very cool fabric, Frank, and not a cheap, flat print either, but a quality woven design.

Bill

Bill, nice job. to bad they don't have a tour like that on their web site for each model. Thanks for the effort, I'm on the east coast and your photos are as close as I've come to actually seeing a FWC. I just got a new pickup and I'm itching to put a camper on it, I plan on checking them out this year and ordering one for next spring. Thanks again, I hope Tom is sending you a check....it be nice.

Very cool. (For those new to FWC, the current models use a black composite material for the lifting panels, not the marine ply as shown. And this shell has the optional pneumatic roof lifter cylinders.)

Bill.Are your roof lifters mounted far apart inside like those in the 360* view? Other mountings for the inside seem to be closer together at the top.
Although I mounted mine outside,front and rear.I think having them mounted the way they are in the video,would make nicer to get in and out of the bed.
Frank

Bill. Are your roof lifters mounted far apart inside like those in the 360* view? Other mountings for the inside seem to be closer together at the top.
Although I mounted mine outside, front and rear. I think having them mounted the way they are in the video,would make nicer to get in and out of the bed.
Frank

Frank, I don't have roof lift assists. Other folks will have to answer your question.

I don't have any problem lifting the roof, though it was a bit tricky until I got the hang of it (pushing out on the roof support boards while lifting the roof seems to help and I stand on the water tank box and use my legs and back when lifting the front.) Admittedly, I don't have solar panels or boats or anything on the roof. If I add solar later and have trouble lifting, then I'll think about an assist system.

Frank, I don't have roof lift assists. Other folks will have to answer your question.

I don't have any problem lifting the roof, though it was a bit tricky until I got the hang of it (pushing out on the roof support boards while lifting the roof seems to help and I stand on the water tank box and use my legs and back when lifting the front.) Admittedly, I don't have solar panels or boats or anything on the roof. If I add solar later and have trouble lifting, then I'll think about an assist system.

Bill or when you get to be of a certain age,like some of us.Yes the lifters work great with any load on the roof.Almost a must IMO.
Frank

Bill or when you get to be of a certain age,like some of us.Yes the lifters work great with any load on the roof.Almost a must IMO.
Frank

Yes, I'm just a child in my early sixties :rolleyes: Apparently I haven't reached that "certain" age :p I'm in no hurry either!

Yes, I'm just a child in my early sixties :rolleyes: Apparently I haven't reached that "certain" age :p I'm in no hurry either!

It's not so much age,but with a canoe on top it's not as easy to lift.I can do it but sure don't want to get hurt.
I do put my back/shoulder into and that makes it easier to lift.
Stay safe.
Frank

:LOL:

It always amazes me how nice and clean these things look when you first get them---and BBill, how much fun you are going to have to mess it up so it looks like ours do now! Nice pictures of the inside!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom