Installing Lift Assist Shocks on 1989 Granby

Mountaingirl360

Does anyone know if it's possible to install lift assist shocks on older FWC models? We have a 1989 Granby and I would love to have an assist! If the factory install wouldn't work, is there a DIY version? Thanks in advance!

I installed struts on my 1986 Keystobe without any problem, took about 30 min. I used brackets and struts from eBay. I will try and scrounge up a picture..

Attachments

• camper 1.jpg
    camper 1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 179
FYI.. there are other mounts, some offset, but that gives you an idea.. I used flat one on bottom but need offset ones on the roof..

Its not perfect, the struts make the roof not always come down centered, but just need to shift it slightly sometimes to latch..

Great addition overall, so much easier, I now just unlatch and push roof up from outside.. and then lock in place inside.

found an offset example

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/fs-ball-stud-joint-10mm-3-8-3-hole-offset-bracket-black/?cmp_id=1649175592&adg_id=64862660380&kwd=&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrdjnBRDXARIsAEcE5YnOSJPKb_LPOWL3ij9i8GE_OojLvyYYQvkS8VWi65T0adOfhPE1WQ0aAtPFEALw_wcB

Thank you all--this has all been very helpful! I have ordered all of the pieces-parts, so I will be looking forward to a little help lifting the camper top in the future!

Back
Top Bottom