Insurance Agent

Jim49

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a State Farm agent in Oregon that you insure your camper with. My office......not so good.
Thanks

Really? I have State Farm and figured it would be a no-brainer (pick mine up next week)...maybe I'll call them tomorrow and dobble-check.

hummmmmmmmmmm...

wonder if my insurer (california capital) covers my camper without a rider....???

i checked into USAA rates a couple of years ago ....they were crazy high ....yes -- i compared "apples to apples"...

is it typical for truck ins or homeowner ins to cover the camper ?

I think that is typical, that coverage extends from the driven vehicle, but I'm going to check later this afternoon with my agent.

GroovyDad said:
So does my Allstate agent, but it may vary by state.
I had to add the camper to my Allstate policy,here in Ca.
Many tears ago they used to insure it under homeowners policy,on or off the truck.At least that is what I was told.
Keep in mind you really don't know how good you are covered until you need it.
Frank

Well, I got in touch with my agent. Liability coverage (coverage (injury) to others) extends from the vehicle. So, there is no premium if it is on the truck and someone is injured. However, comprehensive/collision coverage (damage to the camper) is a separate (RV) policy.

Insurance is state specific, so your mileage may vary.

Yep-you need to check because some do and others don't. With AAA, needed to add the camper to the list of covered vehicles.

Smoke

Ace! said:
Well, I got in touch with my agent. Liability coverage (coverage (injury) to others) extends from the vehicle. So, there is no premium if it is on the truck and someone is injured. However, comprehensive/collision coverage (damage to the camper) is a separate (RV) policy.

Insurance is state specific, so your mileage may vary.
This is what I found out when I switched to another carrier this year. My old agent said camper was covered, he did not tell me just liability. Make sure you cover for replacement cost and not what the insurace thinks an old camper is worth, not that much more $$.

Back
Top Bottom