Interesting Water Can

brett13

Lovecock
A bit pricey, but looks pretty useful:
http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Storage%20Solutions/product-fr/130872-water-jerry-can-water-tank

I use the Wally World $7 model. No biggie if it breaks and leaves money to buy safari clothes and a Tilly.

Meow!

Snarky Jay, is my favorite Jay... :D

This brings up a question I have. What systems do folks have in place for filling the water tank (particularly on FWC). My water inlet trough is head-height and my water cube does not empty fast so it sucks holding 30 pounds over my head. I already have a cube so don't really want to spend boo-coo cash on another one but will spend a mini amount of cash if it solves the problem.

This brings up a question I have. What systems do folks have in place for filling the water tank (particularly on FWC). My water inlet trough is head-height and my water cube does not empty fast so it sucks holding 30 pounds over my head. I already have a cube so don't really want to spend boo-coo cash on another one but will spend a mini amount of cash if it solves the problem.

I use a collapsible water cube, a ~1/2" vinyl tube from the hardware store fits over the spout well. I put it on top of the camper (when the top is down) and the tube into the fill port and let gravity do its thing.

x2

I use a collapsible water cube, a ~1/2" vinyl tube from the hardware store fits over the spout well. I put it on top of the camper (when the top is down) and the tube into the fill port and let gravity do its thing.

Just found this *BLING* version of a water jerry can:
http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Baja-Jerry-Can/dp/B0012QFGKA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1295991972&sr=8-8

:oops:

Whoa there. Just spied this on your link, Patrick.
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2156

Wonder if this would fit nicely on the front wall of the truck between the camper and the bed? What a clean way to store 50L. I have to ponder this one.

I've been looking at this exact item because my shell design - which I think is a lot like yours brett13 - doesn't allow for much of a water tank in the sink cabinet. Would the standard 12v pump (or a manual pump) have any difficulty moving the water +/- 3 feet in a non-pressurized system?

It also looks like this tank could be mounted inside along the front wall to keep it from freezing if that's an issue.

Would the standard 12v pump (or a manual pump) have any difficulty moving the water +/- 3 feet in a non-pressurized system?

This basic shurflo pump http://www.shurflo.com/rv-products/rv-pumps/classic-series-water-pumps/nautilus/default.html says it does 1gpm at no head and peters out at 10psi (which is around 23' of vertical distance in terms of static head discounting line friction). So even that basic pump will get you some reasonable amount of flow still in the scenario you are talking about.

I replaced my standard Shurflo with a super quiet one. The old one now has transfer duties. Pumps from my Walmart Aquatainers from ground level up 5' to the water fill on my camper.

I attached 6' of hose on each end of the pump which hangs on the side of the camper. Ran wires with alligator clips to the truck battery. Works very well. Stores in a small box. :)

Meow!

Snarky Jay, is my favorite Jay... :D

KC,
I've been self censoring now that I'm a "businessman" but apparently Old Dog-Old Tricks.

I know all about self-censoring... Believe me, I do! :cautious:

But since you've included your phone # in your sig, maybe I could call you to tell you what I really think... :)

The potentiality of any deployment of our expeditionary assets and their deployment duration are directly correlated to the liquid or otherwise unallocated capital readily available.

The prior statement looks good if my boss is looking over my shoulder.

In WTW speak; my trips revolve around my cash on hand. How this relates to this topic? Johnny Walker Scotch or Crown Royal Whiskey is typically more expensive than water. Thus the scotch or whiskey runs out before the water.

No more scotch or whiskey? Time to go home...

I replaced my standard Shurflo with a super quiet one. :)

What brand/model exactly is your "super quiet one"?
Thanks.

The potentiality of any deployment of our expeditionary assets and their deployment duration are directly correlated to the liquid or otherwise unallocated capital readily available.

The prior statement looks good if my boss is looking over my shoulder.

In WTW speak; my trips revolve around my cash on hand. How this relates to this topic? Johnny Walker Scotch or Crown Royal Whiskey is typically more expensive than water. Thus the scotch or whiskey runs out before the water.

No more scotch or whiskey? Time to go home...

Like the old west saying: Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over.

And that better be Johnny Walker Black, not that bottom of the barrel red stuff :p

Like the old west saying: Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over.

And that better be Johnny Walker Black, not that bottom of the barrel red stuff :p

Red I carry for work, like bribing my way onto Washington State Ferries at the auto, rather than the oversize rate.

Black I use for executive service like sharing around the fire with like minded people, celebrating my GPS really taking me where I planned or thanking someone for turning me on to a good fishing hole.

I have a 750ml bottle of highly coveted Gold Label I'm saving to share for a yet to be determined accomplishment or event. I don't know what that accomplishment or event is, but I'll know it when I see it.

May we all take the opportunity to fill our water cans, travel where want, and share our scotch and whiskey with those we meet, whenever we can....

May we all take the opportunity to fill our water cans, travel where want, and share our scotch and whiskey with those we meet, whenever we can....

LuckyDan......Well said

Back
Top Bottom